bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AutoPilot

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am getting bubbles on my rocks and on the sides of my tank. Will they hurt anything? What can I do to reduce or get rid of them? I have a 55 gallon tank with a bakpak skimmer, 1 maxi jet 1200, I started my tank with tap water (and some type of saltwater treatment stuff the LFS said would be good. But since I set it up 2 months ago I have been doing 10% water changes and top offs with walmart distilled water.

If it's micro bubbles, its really a preference. Some people can't stand them, others don't mind. I have heard fish can ingest them, and it can kill them. I have never seen truth to this. I wouldn't worry about it.

Bearfan said:
AutoPilot said:
I have been doing 10% water changes and top offs with walmart distilled water.

Distilled is not the same as RO/DI FYI.

yea but its better than tapwater and is says its processed by reverse osmosis. Is it the water casuing all the bubbles? Other than buy a ro/di unit (which I currently don't have the extra money for) I am not sure what other kind of water to use.

I also have this problem right now. A lot of the bubbles are from algae, but not quite all of them. I believe this is denitrification, correct? If so, I wonder why because my nitrates are in the 5-10 range right now. What should I (we) do to alleviate the problem?

Back
Top Bottom