Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-19-2003, 04:50 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

hello and thanks for all the great info but just finished setting my new reef set up and a few questions !!
90 reef (main floor) wet/dry filter underneath took the return hole and ran a 1" hose down to the basement into the 55 gallon which will be my refugium and then overflows into a 25 gallon sump !! from the sump i have a mag drive 9.5 pumpin up from the basement to the main floor which is around 10-12 feet and of course not that much flow would reach that high so on the main floor i hooked up a little giant pump to help pull water to the tank thru a 3/4" hose!! working great right now !! know prob be smarter to buy one big azz pump but money calls for better lights right now anyway my main ? is in the refugium does it really matter if air bubbles come into it ?? due to the 12' drop i get a wave action thru the 1" hose and allot of air as well but if there is only rock and algae growing wouldnt this help !?!?! was gonna have the return line face longwise and have the overflow box at the other end ! grow algae at the intake side and the rock on the overflow side (so air dont get stuck under it) !! make any sense??

also i have 5"-6" sand in the display tank should there be more or less in the refugium??? also for growing algae more or less water flow ???

in the 90 i have about 50 lbs base rock and 30 live want to order like 90 more lbs and put like 45 in the refugium and 45 in the display along with some algae to grow ?!?!?

lighting as of now main tank i have a jbj pc hood and 2 48" reg flor
refugium 2 48" reg flor
want to get the mh for the main and use the pc on the refugium !!
am i on the right track here ??
scuba_steve is offline   Reply With Quote

bubble, bubbles

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com