Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-20-2011, 09:24 PM   #91
Aquarium Advice Addict

Wow was that Unighted Parcel Smashers. this page read like lab report lol Dont use bleach, try vinegar and water worst thing to happen is you'll mess up the ph. Bleach will nuke the tank. Be shure the cords have drip loops

Old 06-20-2011, 10:18 PM   #92
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post

Thanks, was a good article. Wish I'd read it in the beginning instead of listening to salesman. Side note: The process in which I put the initial live rock/sand and water came from a DFS salesman because that was where I'd also bought it, unfortunately it was not at all like the article.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:21 PM   #93
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
Wow was that Unighted Parcel Smashers. this page read like lab report lol Dont use bleach, try vinegar and water worst thing to happen is you'll mess up the ph. Bleach will nuke the tank. Be shure the cords have drip loops
I'm sorry it read like that, I figured once an for all I'd lay it out so I don't keep babbling trying to explain.

I don't plan on putting bleach near my tank (notice in beginning of thread I used TAP water). Thank you.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 06-20-2011, 11:38 PM   #94
Aquarium Advice Addict

Pics of my new rocks-come peek see

Left-Undamaged Box Right-Damaged Box
I ordered two kinds and as of this moment I don't see a difference. I hope there a difference cause one cost more than the other.

Old 06-20-2011, 11:42 PM   #95
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Where did you order from? The pieces all look the same to me
Old 06-21-2011, 12:06 AM   #96
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Where did you order from? The pieces all look the same to me
From where you suggested. I just got done typing John a nice long letter. I will be taking the rock out of one box laying it on my coffee table, take a picture, put it back and then do the next.

Will post and see if someone can show me the difference somehow. I also told John I will be taking the pictures and forwarding them to him so he can show me the differnce too.

One kind was more expensive than the other, I hope they are different, but I'm so noob I can't tell. Their website showed the difference pretty well.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:13 AM   #97
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I didn;t realize they had two different kinds. I've only ever ordered just the plain ole base rock.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:19 AM   #98
Aquarium Advice Addict

As far as I am concerned they are different. The one- 50 pounds for 90, looked flat like shelves and the other one looked more "shapely" and round, same name but I thought were different because of that and because the price was different too.

And I wanted both "kinds" to build shelves and caves.

Like furniture and tvs and stuff, same brand, different styles, different prices = different kinds.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:19 PM   #99
Aquarium Advice Addict

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
I'm sorry it read like that, I figured once an for all I'd lay it out so I don't keep babbling trying to explain.
No it's great save tons of questions
The rock looks the same to me
Old 06-22-2011, 10:48 PM   #100
Aquarium Advice Addict

Pic of one of my boxes of base rock

Full picture of 1 of the boxes on my coffee table (pink underneath is the foam I used between my stand and tank). The next two are the same, just one side of the table and the next, you can see where they overlap. Tomorrow I will do the same with the "damaged" box.

Whatcha think of this base rock?

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com