Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-28-2011, 05:23 PM   #1041
Aquarium Advice Addict

Old 08-28-2011, 05:27 PM   #1042
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I can only warn, but xenia, gsp and kenya trees multiply like the plague. I am not going to add anymore to my tanks. The kenyas can drop arms and then multiply so all you have is kenya tree everywhere. same with xenia, you'll have it everywhere. I just bought alot of corals and I even had them remove the sprouting xenia on the bases so I wouldnt have any.

Unless of course you want alot of those things then by all means go for it.

Old 08-28-2011, 05:28 PM   #1043
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yep But you can frag to trade with other corals at a lfs.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:30 PM   #1044
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

IF you can trade them. my local lfs won't take any frags for trade or credit. Plus then you have to constantly be trimming and fragging.

Too much effort for me, plus I like a nice neat tank. I don't like the stragglers growing all over the place. But that's just me being anal retentive maybe. LOL
Old 08-28-2011, 05:32 PM   #1045
Aquarium Advice Addict

lol Thats true, but you can also sell them on craigslist I've made about $50 on my kenya tree.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:08 PM   #1046
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks Ibrahim for the research and info. I'll check into different sites when I'm ready to add more.

I'm not sure of exactly what I want yet. I posted on photobucket different things I saw and liked. Haven't researched enough to know if I actually want them. Earlier post shows a list too, however I have to research those yet also to see if I really want them.

I'm not into fragging and trading and selling so I don't want to be overrun with anything. Thanks for all your help though, gave me more options and stuff.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:15 PM   #1047
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
I can only warn, but xenia, gsp and kenya trees multiply like the plague. I am not going to add anymore to my tanks. The kenyas can drop arms and then multiply so all you have is kenya tree everywhere. same with xenia, you'll have it everywhere. I just bought alot of corals and I even had them remove the sprouting xenia on the bases so I wouldnt have any.

Unless of course you want alot of those things then by all means go for it.
gsp?

I want to contain them, I don't want anything that "multiplies" and takes over either.

I want nice, colorful tank with alot of corals. I don't want "2" of any corals. So these, I got cause I know I wanted them, they were available. I know some of my orders will only be one coral because of the cost. Seems like alot of the ones I want are over 100.00 pretty much every where. So I gotta try to get no shipping to cause then I may as well just go up north and spend 150.00 on one, if the shipping on a 100.00 is gonna cost me 50.00.

Anyway, I'll post soon what my next choices are going to be. I'm thinking of going up north this coming weekend anyway....if I have enough money after bills.

Who needs groceries anyway? I don't even grocery shop much anymore. I can't even say I go once a month, cause I don't.

@Carey....You don't mind I adopted you as my SW Mommie do you? lamo

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:21 PM   #1048
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

GSP= green star polyps. They make kinda a mat and grow like a very brigth green grass. I had an inch frag and now 6 months later I have an entire rock covered with them. I wanna frag them before they spread to another rock. LOL

I've been adopted, awww......love ya too buffy!
Old 08-28-2011, 07:23 PM   #1049
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
GSP= green star polyps. They make kinda a mat and grow like a very brigth green grass. I had an inch frag and now 6 months later I have an entire rock covered with them. I wanna frag them before they spread to another rock. LOL

I've been adopted, awww......love ya too buffy!
I'd love to buy anything thats outgrowing your tank. =)
Old 08-28-2011, 07:25 PM   #1050
Aquarium Advice Freak

Me too if the price is right lol

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com