Buffy's 1st Ever SW Build - Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
couple pics

Here are a couple of pics.

Attachments

• 2012-06-18_18-46-54_823.jpg
    2012-06-18_18-46-54_823.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 106
  • 2012-06-18_18-47-24_92.jpg
    2012-06-18_18-47-24_92.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 97
wow, outstanding job!

<-------is taking a bow. LOL, Thank you, that made my day. Now I can ride my bike into work even happier (cause I thought it looked icky lol)

Did a water change this morning, gonna do one everyday til nitrates are down.

Now comes the dreaded pvc part of the sump. I should receive my return nozzles sometime today, I won't get to it tonite cause I have bike club but if I can't sleep again then I can get going on it.

Instead of from the bottom up, I'm working from the top down. I keep trying to get it from the bottom off but it keeps falling over and I don't want to cement anything that I can't get to stay in place, So my 90 deg elbows should hold them up.

Anyone got a pic of how you set your return nozzles? I have to go up and over the top of the tank, I'm hoping these are a little flexible cause if not I'll need an elbow under water.

It looks amazing! You did a great job using the silicone, i was pretty messy when I did it.

LOL, just wait for the pictures....eventually....with the pvc cement, I love purple but that purple don't lub me.

I'm gonna stop by pharmacy tomorrow and see if they will give me a syringe so I can get rid of these aptasia before they get out of hand. Do I need to use a needle syringe or can I just stab them with the end of the plastic syringe that doesn't have a needle?

So what's going on in Buffy's world,...you've been too quiet lately ....hopefully tank/sump are running well.

Tank is doing ok. Sump not running yet. Don't know where my Fire Shrimp is, haven't seen him in a while, but then a little goby I have makes an appearance about every week or so.

Still have hair algae, aptasia (sp) and bubbles, but everyone seems fine. One recordia (sp) was knocked over by crab and he is now 1/5th the size he was :-(, it's been a week and he looks like he might be finally starting to come back, I think there are more "bubbles" than there were and his "bubbles" appear to be getting fatter too. I can barely see his mouth if it is his mouth.

Purple Fire Fish, Spotted Cardinals, Randall's Goby and the Mandarin still doing ok also.

Am debating on getting peppermint shrimp and taking a chance on them eating the aptasia but not sure as they don't like me and keep dying.

That's all for now. Sorry haven't updated been keeping to myself.

Buffy said:
Tank is doing ok. Sump not running yet. Don't know where my Fire Shrimp is, haven't seen him in a while, but then a little goby I have makes an appearance about every week or so.

Still have hair algae, aptasia (sp) and bubbles, but everyone seems fine. One recordia (sp) was knocked over by crab and he is now 1/5th the size he was :-(, it's been a week and he looks like he might be finally starting to come back, I think there are more "bubbles" than there were and his "bubbles" appear to be getting fatter too. I can barely see his mouth if it is his mouth.

Purple Fire Fish, Spotted Cardinals, Randall's Goby and the Mandarin still doing ok also.

Am debating on getting peppermint shrimp and taking a chance on them eating the aptasia but not sure as they don't like me and keep dying.

That's all for now. Sorry haven't updated been keeping to myself.

Sounds like a typical day in the glamourous world of aquariums,.... Always a challenge or two to keep you on your toes and just enough good things happening to keep you addicted

Back
Top Bottom