Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-02-2011, 11:51 AM   #1091
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Youre supposed to just plug in your powerheads for the wavemaker strip.

I had zero luck with getting a timer strip to work with my nova extreme so I ended up buying two separate timers one for each plug. $5 at walmart.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:06 PM   #1092
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey

I had zero luck with getting a timer strip to work with my nova extreme so I ended up buying two separate timers one for each plug. $5 at walmart.
That's why I went with the aquaticlife set with the built in timers.. though now im wondering if I can't find just a wave maker strip that would be neat .. instead of buying a 200 dollar wave maker...

Old 09-02-2011, 12:16 PM   #1093
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post

I finally figured it out. However to use it as a wave maker, I need to use the plugs where the acintic would go, it would do up to four powerheads but I only have 2. I'm thinking I'm going to return it because I have to plugs going into it and there are 8. If I plug my heater into the constant power then I have 5 unused. To me that's a waste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith View Post
That's why I went with the aquaticlife set with the built in timers.. though now im wondering if I can't find just a wave maker strip that would be neat .. instead of buying a 200 dollar wave maker...
I don't want to pay 200 either. So I'm going to a little more research to find something.

I need something for the lights because I don't want to turn them on before work and when I get home turn them off because there may be times when they would be on for 18 hours at a whack.

I only have one outlet to use. Right now I have a gcfi power strip that everything is plugged into. It's not a timer one. That strip is full. I really don't want to overload this outlet.

But at least for now everything is on and working.

Anyone know why my Emerald Crab is not green?

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:22 PM   #1094
Aquarium Advice Addict

Found my peppermint shrimp, however I'm not sure he is alive. He's hanging upside down in the back off a rock and seems to be just swaying with the current.

My emerald crab is in between two rocks, (has room to move) but I don't seem him moving at all.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 09-02-2011, 12:28 PM   #1095
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Peppermints do that, they just hang upsside down and sway. I have 3 in my cube doing just that right now. lol

My emeralds generally hide during the day and at night or blue light time they are out and about.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:03 PM   #1096
Aquarium Advice Addict

Anyone know how many watts an emperor 400 power filter uses?

Old 09-02-2011, 01:22 PM   #1097
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
Anyone know how many watts an emperor 400 power filter uses?
If you have it there, there should be a tag on it somewhere that will give all the electrical specs as well as the UL symbol. In that information it will tell you watts or VA. VA is essential the same as watts with something like that.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:20 PM   #1098
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks, there was not a tag nor was it anywhere online or in the manual. I just ran to store and bought a Kill-A-Watt Meter. So got that covered now.

Gonna order a pizza and get to organizing everything, install 3 faucets. Then bills, then online shopping for more tests. I have about 150.00 so in a cart somewhere but got to see if I can afford it. I can't get any more electronic ones right now as I need to get to testing so they will come later.

Besides I need to still get a sump going somehow and a fuge.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:30 PM   #1099
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

group buy i need to get a kill-a-watt meter as well....i know imma get yelled at but im running everything but my refuge return pump, on 1 single outlet.......(yikes)
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:41 PM   #1100
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by huma-huma View Post
group buy i need to get a kill-a-watt meter as well....i know imma get yelled at but im running everything but my refuge return pump, on 1 single outlet.......(yikes)

I'll probably get yelled at but I ran to local hardware store and got it for 24.00. I found them online for 22.00. The other one "EZ" was I think 31.00 online and hardware store had it for 29.00, I got the 24.00 one, took me 1/2 hour instead of a week to deliver so I'm thinking the 2 dollars or so more was worth it. Gonna be testing everything shortly. Looks very simple to use. I can input this into the program I'm trying out and see my costs for electricity now too. The other one had a program to do that but I am going to buy a program for inputing all my tank info and that's one of the things that will be in the software so I don't need that one.

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com