Buffy's 1st Ever SW Build - Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So youre meaning if the power goes out, your overflow box will drain into the refugium until it breaks siphon, then when the power kicks back on, your return pump starts pushing wter back into the dt but doesnt get any draining from the of box??

Does your overflow box look similar to this? It's important that the J tube is on the side without the bulkhead so you do not break siphon in your overflow, that's also why you do not want to drill a hole in your j tube.

Attachments

• image-3806320523.jpg
    image-3806320523.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 55
That's where the tube is, I simulated again and this time I didn't break the syphon and it worked, now to make it quieter.

Fish died

So, I ordered 3 fish......a Bicolor Angel, a Royal Gramma, and a Rainsford Goby. Delivered Aug 23rd. Came off nights this weekend and had taken the Bicolor Angel (half gone) out of the tank, I haven't seen the Rainsford Goby since I put him in the tank (don't think I'll ever see that little guy) and I just now realized the Royal Gramma (no sign of him) has gone missing. Grrrrr 2 weeks is all they were here. Not ordering from that place again. I wonder if they had anything to do with my Butterfly dieing.

I quarantined them for a week, slap me now cause to go along with the slapping I have already given myself.

Buffy said:
Blue Zoo Aquatics

Thats a shame ive ordered from them quite a few times. Unfortunately never fish. Ive began to order from reefs2go you cant beat their prices. Last order i ordered a sixline, gamma and engineer goby all super small but very very very healthy. Along with some frags not to impressed but for 10 bucks a piece they will grow.

Hows everything going in your neck of the woods?

It's still going. Have decided I'm not buying anything else. Seems everything I buy dies, am trying to save 4 corals now, they all "filmed" over and that's what the others did when they became nothing on their rock. So I moved each of them.

My elegance has just been "ripped" apart by the current when I moved it, cause it was dieing from the goby throwing sand and piling it on him. When I got the sand off he was half gone (that was overnight while I was at work) so I moved him and he didn't like it cause he is barely holding on so now he is in the "cave" where there is very little movement and I'd say medium lighting due to the overhang.

Still have 2 fish that I've not seen nor have seen any remains from though I am going to assume they are history. So I will save my pennies since work disgualified me and demoted me indefinitely, hopefully the union can help me but I don't know they are week. So til I can get myself out of the financial mess they put me in, I can't buy anything for my hobby. So I will just hope for the best and buy bigger fish, cause those 2 that have gone mia were tiny. But dang they were soooooooo cute too.

So am on hold just testing the water, trying to bring nitrates down since that is the only thing that is high.

My wrasse is nice but he is scarry looking with his multi-color body and blue eyes and man do those eyes stick out with their color.

So in answer LOL, we are surviving.:)

Thread Done

Well I guess this thread is done, the 75 gallon build is done, just needs fine tuning now, which I'm sure answers are in other threads. Few pics to follow.

Follow along for a real slow thread coming up. My 55 gallon FOWLR.

Thank you to all who followed me through and thanks to all who helped me get started. Many thanks to the support I received during my "rough" times.

Hope to see ya'll in other threads.;)

Final Thread Pictures

Here's a few pictures. More fine tuning to do but I don't think that warrants taking up space on the server so, here's a few final pictures and hopefully everything in these pictures will just flourish.

Attachments

• 20120922_101806.jpg
    20120922_101806.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 108
  • 20120922_101541.jpg
    20120922_101541.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 20120922_101559.jpg
    20120922_101559.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 20120922_101623.jpg
    20120922_101623.jpg