Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-07-2011, 02:50 PM   #1141
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
I use a plastic credit card, or hotel check in card to scrap algae. It works and costs nothing. Will not scratch the tank as the card is softer than the acrylic or glass.
Cheapest use of a credit card I have seen so far on this site. LOL

Old 09-07-2011, 03:10 PM   #1142
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Also the best use for one!

Old 09-07-2011, 03:59 PM   #1143
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote
Also the best use for one!
Not according to carey lol
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:40 PM   #1144
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I sold my 55g rehab tank today and the biocube skimmer! woot! I have more moeny to spend on tuesday.

And yeah, i can definitely come up with a better use for a credit card....LEDs, tank stand and sooo many other ideas its sickening.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:53 AM   #1145
Aquarium Advice FINatic

My peppermints went missing for over a month. Lately they have all been out together. Pretty sure there is only one I lost but he may be in there somewhere. Look for the molts. That is all I saw for over a month
Old 09-09-2011, 02:18 AM   #1146
Aquarium Advice Freak

Poor sucker you sold that skimmer to. LOL.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:43 AM   #1147
Aquarium Advice Addict

So, Buffy, how do you feel about your first saltwater build?
If it's the same as me, frustrating yet rewarding.
scottayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:09 AM   #1148
Aquarium Advice Addict

If I spend anymore on my credit card it will only be good for scraping. I agree with Carey, I definitely can find more aquarium stuff to buy.

I've had the lights off for 2 days now. Seems the flying strings have diminished somewhat. Since the lights have been off my elegance doesn't open much (understandable), however I look in the tank with my flashlight & on his underside is a "growth", at first I thought it was aiptasia but am not sure. It is coming out from his underside "shell" & not growing where the other tentacles are. It comes out in a stem like fashion then at the end of the stem it has tentacles that form a pretty dang good circle. I don't know how many tentacles but to guess would be 10-15. They are not really long about 1/2 inch and the color hmmm, not quite creme, not quite green, kinda in between.

I will try to take a pic tomorrow.

So at Walmart today, I grabbed an algae cleaner, yep, stupid me, looks like I need to find another use for it, like say stirring the fire in my next pitfire.

Off topic: Got dr appt tomorrow, it's bout 15 miles or so, I have my granddaughter (3 1/2 yrs old) again tonite & is going w/me (her brother is at home, having surgery in the am), am thinking to try to stay off roads, it's gonna take me bout 2-2/12 hours on bike hauling her in trailer. So gonna leave at 8am-ish stop for breakfast. Have to be there by 11. Her mom thinks I'm nuts, but I haven't been on my bike since Sun when I went 38.51 miles round trip with some friends & got rained on pretty much the whole time, (I froze too).

Tomorrow nite I have to myself again sooooo gonna try to unhook the canister and see what it looks like inside-tried the other day & did it wrong and got water all over LOL.

Oh & last night while doing my spying inside my tank, I FOUND A CRITTER CRAWLING. Am thinking Copepod or something, it was like the last one. So woohoot there's still life under my water..

Also, I still have everything I bought up north. Don't know how they are still alive with that pH being 8.7/8.8 this whole time, as I've not been able to lower it (haven't really tried cause I don't know what to do).

Time to go spy & get some sleep.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:11 AM   #1149
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pschmitt View Post
Poor sucker you sold that skimmer to. LOL.

Off topic I know, but he already has one and was buying it for his newest cube. lol Maybe he knows a trick to make them work. I paid $20 for it and got $20 so I'm even and I had the chance to see they stink. So I came out in the end.

lOL

Buffy, I don't know how you get ANyTHING done, you are always so busy. My life is just full of fish right now. hehehe...but it's something I guess.
My shrink thinks its good for me but keeps telling me to meet people so I may attend a regional frag meet in october. I'm dreading it and looking forward to it at the same time.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:48 AM   #1150
Aquarium Advice Addict

My off topic yesterday has been cancelled. Too tired and cold to ride this early. Dang where has the summer gone.

So just saved myself a few hours to shop BRS

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com