Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-15-2011, 05:35 PM   #1191
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Sounds good. I never have had high ph, it was always the opposite problem. Must be the salt mix.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:38 PM   #1192
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X View Post
i generally don't dose for anything unless i have a tank packed with stony corals.

you should not need to add ANYTHING until you have a tank loaded with corals.
i have kept multiple systems with just water changes for a few years now. good growth and stable parameters also.
just when ui bought out someone's tank and they have a couple giant clams (one was over a foot long) did i have to start dosing a 2(3) part supplement.

i also disagree that you can't keep a heavily stocked tank with a 2 part additive, in conjunction with weekly water changes.
i've done it.

put that can of reef crystals aside and try a different salt mix for a while, and enjoy your tank.

Any suggestions on Brand/kind for me to use? What kind do you use? I'll copy you lol.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:54 PM   #1193
Aquarium Advice Addict

Talking Woohoo!

Ok, so I have no water, I cut off the main to the house so I could get these last two sinks done. I'm stuck at one for now (fittings giving me problems) and have 2 open pipes (whew no water - main valve must be holding). So you think I would finish that up right????? NOPE. Am gonna get out of my sweats cause I gotta watch the grandkids tonite for a little bit AND I gotta watch football. Yep football.....I HATE FOOTBALL LOL. But I gotta watch because......wait for it........wait for it............ here it comes......

My daughter tried out for the WOMEN'S PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM this past weekend and made the team. WOW WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So since she wasn't able to go to Olympics with Hockey (I couldn't afford it - she was so dangggggggg good). She didn't want to pass this up (she likes sports).

So now I gotta watch FOOTBALL YUK!!!!!!!!!!! And worry bout the beatings and stuff again. UG Thought I was past that.

Gosh, sorry. Hope I don't get in trouble for this post but I have been busting at the seams and fighting do I share or not. Sooooo share won. LOL

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 09-15-2011, 06:57 PM   #1194
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

that sounds like great news! Until you gotta watch football. I;ve spent my share of time watching it and it's just not for me. hehehe....Too much going on LOL
Old 09-15-2011, 07:04 PM   #1195
Aquarium Advice Addict

That is really cool!!! But I can agree with not loving football. Too many really long timeouts. IMO soccer is so much more fun... I kind of need to switch salt too. I use Petco brand and I don't really trust them...
Old 09-15-2011, 07:46 PM   #1196
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah but since she's my daughter, I'll watch. Besides her little boy and girl wanna watch Mommy play soooo, I'll watch them watch her hehehe.

Have you thought bout which salt you're going to try Greenturtle?

Old 09-15-2011, 08:01 PM   #1197
Aquarium Advice Addict

No, and that is why I am following this thread :P
Old 09-15-2011, 08:23 PM   #1198
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I don't use expensive salt, but do dose for my SPS. I have used everything, but have settled on reef crystals as it is available from BRS in 50 gallon bags. It is higher in calcium and seems to dissolve pretty well.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:12 AM   #1199
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks for the input ya'll. Brr sitting outside watching people ram into each other.

Am now in comfy house trying to finish up the two sinks, then start in on making my hanger for my lights.

Maybe if I'm not too tired, I'll do a few tests tonite. Gotta stay up to get ready for nite shift anyway.

I should change my light timer. It goes out just too early, especially since I stay up till at 11 even when I work dayshift and get up at 2am.

Do I need to have the lights on during the "daytime"? I can run them when I want can't I or will the light during the day and then my light during the later day and evening be too much?

Right the 2 blue are on an hour before and an hour after the other 4 (3 white, 1 blue). The whites are on 9 hours I think. So the blues are on for 11. Is that too much or too little?

Old 09-16-2011, 01:22 AM   #1200
Aquarium Advice Addict

Unless you see an algae outbreak, I wouldn't worry about it being too long.

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com