Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-22-2011, 08:27 PM   #1251
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
why not just build an apparatus to hold it above the tank? something off the back wall perhaps, or something similar to this-
AquaticLife Stand Light Fixture Hanger

Old 09-22-2011, 08:32 PM   #1252
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh and I kinda swiped a cutting wheel from work and bought an attachment to put on my drill so I can cut that freaking nut off the bathroom sink drain and get that done, however I'm a little under the weather to cut that, don't want to replace the whole sink if I slip.

Already have the pulleys and everything, I just can't keep my balance long enough reaching to mark a spot on the ceiling to check with the stud finder. Since I have to slide it to find the stud. Borrowed one today. I wish my tank's glass lids were strong enough, I'd put them back on and stand on them. And my ladder is 6' LOL. I'm gonna put the glass lids on and cover the tank with a blanket when the time comes to drill a hole so that the pariculates don't get into the tank.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:36 PM   #1253
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X View Post
why not just build an apparatus to hold it above the tank? something off the back wall perhaps, or something similar to this-
AquaticLife Stand Light Fixture Hanger
I already looked at that, but thought once this one done it'd be easier to raise and lower, plus if I "moved" my tank, The hook could use a plant. I wouldn't know how to cover the holes in the wall. My stand is not sturdy enough to mount anything on the back IMO.

How am I supposed to do a water change when the temps are so different. They are 7 degrees apart right now. My water ready to go in is at 78 and my water going out is now at 71.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 09-22-2011, 09:12 PM   #1254
Aquarium Advice Addict

you could cover the holes in your wall with a tiny bit of spackle.

heat up the water. you said you had 2 heaters.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:34 PM   #1255
Aquarium Advice Addict

True, I'm thinking of ordering one of those when I do my next tank.

I have one heater in my main tank (tank temp is 71) and the one in the Brute. Should I take the one out of the brute (brute temp is 78) to get the tank up?

I ordered 3 100 watt Aqueon Pro Heaters from Amazon (plus 2 books LOL).

Old 09-22-2011, 09:41 PM   #1256
Aquarium Advice Addict

Duh, yep that's what I'll do. I'll take the heater out of the brute and put it in the tank then soon as that is up, I'll do my pwc. Temp in brute shouldn't go down much by that time and I'll keep an eye on it and rotate the heaters to get them equal. Guess the one heater kinda pooped out.

Old 09-22-2011, 11:33 PM   #1257
Aquarium Advice Addict

your main tank- the ones that has the corals in it, is 71? do you think this was the cause of the coral decline? whenever you aren't changing water, i'd have both heaters in the main tank, until you get those replacements.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:59 PM   #1258
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yes and Yes. My main tank is the one with the 10 deg or so temperature fluctuation. I'm heating it up with both now.

When the new ones come in do I just put one on each wall then, ie. back and both sides?

Old 09-23-2011, 12:12 AM   #1259
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to kurtyboh Send a message via Skype™ to kurtyboh
btw buffy that book was ocean: the world's last wilderness revealed.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:26 AM   #1260
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtyboh View Post
btw buffy that book was ocean: the world's last wilderness revealed.

Thanks. I ordered two books from Amazon tonite. Water Chemistry for the Marine Aquarium by John Tullock

And

The Conscientious Marine Aquarist: A Commonsense Handbook for Successful Saltwater Aquarist by Robert Fenner

I'll look into the one you mentioned too. WOW that can be one heck of an expensive book. Lol I saw one of the asking prices at 500.00. No way I'd pay that much. Also seen it for 20.00 too. What a price difference.

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com