Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 09-29-2011, 09:48 AM   #1291
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Buffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Weston, WI
Posts: 1,632
Talking HEADLINE: Fish in Buffy's Tank?

So if I'm gonna get any fish this weekend, I need to order today for pickup.

I'm not even sure what I want first. I need to make a lid of some sort for Wrasses. I like alot of those.

So I'd like to get a few fish (by few fish, I mean a pair that you should buy together if you are going to keep more than one) this weekend and a few corals (with my checkbooks' permission that is).

Well I just went through the pictures and read up a little on the fish. Dang it Scott's Fairey Wrasse needs at least 125 gallon. It one I've been wanting to get. Looks like I'm gonna have to get a bigger tank eventually.

Anyway, am looking at Wrasses, Anthias, Basslets, Blennies, Chromis (the blue blue one) or Gobies.

I'd like maybe 3 or four coral but can't decide either. Seem like I keep leaning toward neon colors, and I just love some of the Aussie corals.

Anyone got any suggestions? Which fish and how many can be happily and healthy kept in Buffy's 75 Gallon?

I'll check back later. Bed time. Hopefully I can decide what I want and get the call in on time today before I go to work so I can make pick up the order on Saturday.
__________________

__________________
75 Gallon Saltwater Reef;

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:28 PM   #1292
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Greenturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy
So if I'm gonna get any fish this weekend, I need to order today for pickup.

I'm not even sure what I want first. I need to make a lid of some sort for Wrasses. I like alot of those.

So I'd like to get a few fish (by few fish, I mean a pair that you should buy together if you are going to keep more than one) this weekend and a few corals (with my checkbooks' permission that is).

Well I just went through the pictures and read up a little on the fish. Dang it Scott's Fairey Wrasse needs at least 125 gallon. It one I've been wanting to get. Looks like I'm gonna have to get a bigger tank eventually.

Anyway, am looking at Wrasses, Anthias, Basslets, Blennies, Chromis (the blue blue one) or Gobies.

I'd like maybe 3 or four coral but can't decide either. Seem like I keep leaning toward neon colors, and I just love some of the Aussie corals.

Anyone got any suggestions? Which fish and how many can be happily and healthy kept in Buffy's 75 Gallon?

I'll check back later. Bed time. Hopefully I can decide what I want and get the call in on time today before I go to work so I can make pick up the order on Saturday.
I would get a Sixline Wrasse, but those need to be added last to the tank. They harass new additions.

The "blue blue" chromis are officially called blue reef chromis FYI, and I have never seen them at the LFS. You should buy them online.

They have some ricordia mushrooms that look neon. My green and orange ones glow in the dark practically.

A Midas Blenny is a must, IMO. So cool!!!
__________________

__________________
90 Gallon Reef - 3 Blue-Green Chromis, 2 Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Kole Tang, 1 Midas Blenny, 1 Longnose Hawkfish, 1 Zebra Dartfish, 1 Algae Blenny, 1 Six-Line Wrasse
29 Biocube Reef - 1 Chalk Bass, 2 Black and White Clownfish, 1 Yellow Watchman Goby, 1 Fire Goby
Greenturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:55 PM   #1293
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Buffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Weston, WI
Posts: 1,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenturtle View Post
I would get a Sixline Wrasse, but those need to be added last to the tank. They harass new additions.

The "blue blue" chromis are officially called blue reef chromis FYI, and I have never seen them at the LFS. You should buy them online.

They have some ricordia mushrooms that look neon. My green and orange ones glow in the dark practically.

A Midas Blenny is a must, IMO. So cool!!!
I called it a blue blue because of the blue green one and the blue one was almost same color as the blue green one. Maybe it was just the way the picture was displayed but the one I want is the Blue Reef Chromis because it is soooooooo blue. LOL

The LFS I would be getting them from is about an hour away, so maybe it's not so local. IDK But I consider this my lfs and will be getting most of my livestock from Live Aquaria/Divers Den (unless I find what I want cheaper elsewhere of course). I have petco and petsmart but I don't go there except for dog food and to browse their stuff and maybe get a couple maintenance things.

There's a few fish I want that says to add last. How can I add the fish last when alot say that LOL.

So I'm at a loss what to get.

I do plan on a blenny, just haven't decided which, am kinda looking at the engineer. I want more CUC too and maybe a few more shrimp but I don't know yet what I can get and what will be okay with each other yet.

Ugg gotta get to work or I'm gonna be late.
__________________
75 Gallon Saltwater Reef;

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:50 AM   #1294
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
coffeetwitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: springfield mo
Posts: 3,690
hey buffy, i just looked through all my bookmarks and i got nothing left but a few articles on a dsb. what about a sump where you wanting to know or find out? maybe i can look some stuff up.
__________________
coffeetwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:51 AM   #1295
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
coffeetwitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: springfield mo
Posts: 3,690
blue reef chromis? they are a very pretty blue. and a schooling fish that is reef safe.
__________________
coffeetwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:17 AM   #1296
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
huma-huma's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: washington Pa
Posts: 5,257
An engineer goby?? I LOVE mine! He was out free swimming today, which he's never done before. If you wanna see true pics of a mature one, I have a few. Def cool looking
__________________
my 125g Sw...Round 2!http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...220171-33.html
ever see someone cut a 125g in half??
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...-286438-4.html
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:34 AM   #1297
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gregcoyote's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Columbia, Missouri
Posts: 8,321
The Chromis are easy to care for and relatively inexpensive. Frogspawn is an easy LPS. Frags of Kenya tree coral will point out any salinity or ph issues. Green star polyps will spread if the tank is running right as well.
__________________
Gregcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:35 AM   #1298
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Buffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Weston, WI
Posts: 1,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeetwitch View Post
hey buffy, i just looked through all my bookmarks and i got nothing left but a few articles on a dsb. what about a sump where you wanting to know or find out? maybe i can look some stuff up.
It was sump info I was wanting. I want to get one together as a combo refugium/sump. I can't put it under my tank so I will be putting it on a stand next to it. I'm thinking the best and safest place will be perpendicular so that it will look like an L. LOL turn the L upside down and the long part of the L being the sump and the short part being the tank position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huma-huma View Post
An engineer goby?? I LOVE mine! He was out free swimming today, which he's never done before. If you wanna see true pics of a mature one, I have a few. Def cool looking
But of course I wanna see pictures LOL. Can you have more than goby, like a blennie and an engineer?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
The Chromis are easy to care for and relatively inexpensive. Frogspawn is an easy LPS. Frags of Kenya tree coral will point out any salinity or ph issues. Green star polyps will spread if the tank is running right as well.
I thought they would be but again, says to add last. Looks like my first fish may be dart fish.

I don't want any corals or anything that spreads. I'm hesitant on mushrooms too. I don't want big big stuff, I want a colorful variety.
__________________
75 Gallon Saltwater Reef;

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:45 AM   #1299
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
huma-huma's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: washington Pa
Posts: 5,257
Of course I had a scooter blenny in with my engineer. The blenny was 2 inches long...my gkby...well yeah just look at him, and the goby didn't even mind him. Only thing with an engineer is they don't free swim her often, but they do mysteriously poke their heads out all over the tank lol. Its pretty neat. Here's a pic as well. Finally, after 4 months, caught him fully exposed.
__________________
my 125g Sw...Round 2!http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...220171-33.html
ever see someone cut a 125g in half??
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...-286438-4.html
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:53 AM   #1300
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
huma-huma's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: washington Pa
Posts: 5,257
Im sorry buffy, I can't get the pic to show up, and not to promote my thread but I did post the pic 2-3 pages back on my threaif you still wanna see him
__________________

__________________
my 125g Sw...Round 2!http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...220171-33.html
ever see someone cut a 125g in half??
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...-286438-4.html
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New 1st Build speckrb Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR 4 05-14-2010 04:12 PM
MY 1st reef tank juice28 Members Saltwater Tanks Showcase 16 04-26-2009 03:23 AM
Nano Tank for Reef Only, Trying Corals for th 1st time Christine22780 Nano Reefs 5 08-01-2008 01:08 PM
1st reef tank 55 gallon help please manny09 Saltwater & Reef - Identification 17 01-08-2007 07:02 AM
1st Marine tank: 55g reef. Couple questions... with pics Greyhaven7 Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started 1 09-19-2005 08:48 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.