Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-01-2011, 01:20 AM   #1311
Aquarium Advice Addict

. I like alot of the clown fish, but that one just stands out because of I like to two colors together. Plus at an LFS I was at one time, had different clowns of different sizes. And those just had me staring at them soooo there ya have it, they hypnotized me while I was standing there and said...BUFFY, YOU WILL ONLY BUY US...REMEMBER WE'RE THE MAROON GOLDILOCKS. and they said it over and over again LMAO.

Finally finished the last of the plumbing in the bathrooms and kitchen. Got whisked away just as I finished up at 6 and just got home. I still gotta do my light tonite. Wow gonna be along nite. Gotta be out the door for 8ish too. Come home round noon, scarf up the dog or the daughter and grandkids (the or is because dog won't fit with them so if they don't go he goes for a ride...WOOF WOOF) and drive 2 1/2 south to a fish store, then home to qt what I buy, cause I do plan on buying SOMETHING when I'm there, be it a fishie, coral, shrimp or snails, I'm buying something LOL,.

So Carey's Fish Day was today, gotta get over to her threads and see what she got. Tomorrow's my "Fish Day", stay tuned for what I bring home.

I'm not gonna get to fish store til bout 4pm. I'm gonna bring my laptop, is easier & faster than my phone so hopefully I can hit a hot spot & google anything I need to figure out before I buy.

So stay tuned....hopefully nothing pops up to stop my trip.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:29 AM   #1312
Aquarium Advice Addict

So my lights are on the floor again. I have drilled the hole in my ceiling and found that I didn't hit a joist. So now I get to go up into the crawl space and itchy insulation and install a 2 x 4 for support, well at least I've done that before (in a different and much older house). 5am, taking a nap. Gonna get busy at 8. Guess I'll be doing that later tonite after my fish trip.

Gonna set up my qt tank before I go just in case I come home with treasures woohoo. Oh would be nice to see a fish swimming around, instead of searching for my shrimps, crabs and snails. Wow that almost sounds like I have a disease LOL.

Well time to take the blankets, towels and lids off the tank that I used to protect it and hoist the lights back up there so when the timer goes off they are ready to go.

Obstacles and more obstacles but I'm plugging away. Gosh I hope my critters survive. I'm exhausted but I think I should do the water change while the light is off lol. Gotta run, check salinity again. Oh please be ready so I can get a nap in.

Later ya'll, have a great day. I know I will especially if I get a fishie hehehehe.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 10-01-2011, 09:55 AM   #1313
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
. I like alot of the clown fish, but that one just stands out because of I like to two colors together. Plus at an LFS I was at one time, had different clowns of different sizes. And those just had me staring at them soooo there ya have it, they hypnotized me while I was standing there and said...BUFFY, YOU WILL ONLY BUY US...REMEMBER WE'RE THE MAROON GOLDILOCKS. and they said it over and over again LMAO.
Haha same here. My friend told me that they were close enought to our school colors (burgundy and gold) and that I should get one for my 29 gallon. BUT if it got 6 inches, that would be so cruel. And I already have cloens in my other tank. MAYBE if I get a 55 gallon FOWLR. Hehehe.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:05 AM   #1314
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Can't wait to see what you pick up today Buffy! I postponed my friday fish shopping til Monday I need to see some new fish, so buy something cool.
lol
Old 10-01-2011, 03:32 PM   #1315
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Can't wait to see what you pick up today Buffy! I postponed my friday fish shopping til Monday I need to see some new fish, so buy something cool.
lol
Trip cancelled, so nothing cool today :-(

Set alarm wrong and woke up to bathroom, laundry room and kitchen floors under water up to my ankles!!! Wow was that a cold eye opener. Needless to say I wanted to nap for an hour cause I was making water and well go figure my 32 gallon blute was overflowing. So gotta find my shop vac manual online and see if I can find everything for it.

I only have just so many blankets and towels to lay on floors lol and that wasn't enough.

Aw heck I turned off the water, maybe I should just go back to bed and start over and let nature's evaporation clean it up.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:49 PM   #1316
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ouch. Bummer. Need to invest in a float valve. Pure Water Club has them. Make sure you get the cut off for the waste line too. Well worth it.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #1317
Aquarium Advice Addict

Heading out. Not going south to that fish store as I won't make it before they close so I'm going north instead lol to Drs.F&S.

They close in lest than 2 1/2 hrs and it's an hour, so gotta boogie.

Old 10-01-2011, 04:55 PM   #1318
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Good luck!! Can't wait to see what you choose.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:04 PM   #1319
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to kurtyboh Send a message via Skype™ to kurtyboh
Sounds like a rough day! Hopefully you can get some new few therapy going
Old 10-01-2011, 08:03 PM   #1320
Aquarium Advice Addict

50 years and ...

After going through everything life has and continues to throw at me I have overcome and. Survived, few times literally, I have finally made one of my dreams come true. So celebrate cause I am able to make one of my dreams come true so can you! My dream .... to have Saltwater Fish. WOOHOO! I DID IT! There's a party in the house and I am doing the jig. I don't care where you're from that's some good happy shi@!

Pics soon

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com