Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-06-2011, 10:01 PM   #1371
Aquarium Advice Addict

Mr. Redstir is still flying his entrails around except this time from his center. Looked like last night and this morning his leg tips were starting to heal over. But he probably will not live, but I read it takes a long time to grow a leg back and I also read that they have their organs in their legs too and they have been know to grow a body back too. Soo, we'll just wait and see for now.

Bought some Prime for my qt tank. Won't be able to make water til tomorrow night and I have to scarf a heater from somewhere, I don't want to buy from an expensive hardware store. Won't have time to go to petco or petsmart, so looks like my 75 is only gonna run on 1 100 watt while I'm making the water. It's only got 2 in now cause I had to swipe the 3rd for the qt tank.

Fishies in qt still appear to be doing good so far. I'm feeding them every other day. So far I don't see any spots or weird things hanging from them. Eyes are still in their heads and their body parts are still intack.

I'm going to leave my light where it is for now. Once I find out if I'm gonna have a stand made then when it is done, I'll be moving my tank. Except this time I'm gonna hang the light before I put the new stand in place. IDK maybe I'll just move it to a different spot all together. I'll have to think bout that one.

Off to do more research on sumps and stuff.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:21 AM   #1372
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Good to hear that your tank is doing well, with the exception of mr redstir. A new stand would be awesome for you, give you a chance to start working on a sump. Then the real fun begins LOL

Old 10-09-2011, 12:13 PM   #1373
Aquarium Advice Addict

Mr. Redstir is gone now.

The 3 in qt are doing good so far still.

Otherwise nothing new going on. I'm not planning any new acquistions for a while. Have a few things I'd like to get done first. Like a new stand if that works out. Don't want to add anything til I see how that pans out.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 10-09-2011, 12:16 PM   #1374
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to kurtyboh Send a message via Skype™ to kurtyboh
sorry to hear that buffy
Old 10-09-2011, 01:18 PM   #1375
Aquarium Advice Addict

sorry about your star buffy.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:42 PM   #1376
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thats a tough situation buffy, poor starfish. :-( maybe one day after you've established your tank you can try another one. serpent stars are alos very good, much more hardy than the regular star fish.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:50 PM   #1377
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

In 30 years, I never had much long term luck with starfish myself. Especially the big colorful ones.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:48 PM   #1378
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm handling it good, thank for your thoughts though. I believe he passed away because of me. I believe I acclimated him wrong. I plan on having one again after I move my tank, hang my lights, build sump/refugium yet. So I am still gonna be busy. Don't want to add any corals either the less livestock I move the better.

I think since I need to break the tank down that I'm gonna paint the back. What color black or blue? If blue what shade? What kind of paint do I use? Carey? You're well versed in painting tanks LOL.

I plan on using my 2 20gal and my 40 to transfer everything into, I'd use my 55 but it was a **** of a struggle to get it on top of the entertainment center in the bedroom by myself. No it's not got water, it's just up there out of the way for now. I'll get a real stand for it before I put anything in it. LOL

I haven't heard anything about the stand yet, but I work on Tuesday so I'll go track him down and talk to him.

So if I didn't say it, I've decided to leave my stand where it is just move it further from the wall so my light can be centerered. I may move it a few inches further from the other wall too just so I have ample room "in case".

I'd like to get a set of moonlights or something that I can turn on for when the regular lights go out. I wanna be able to look at my tank and it not be dead dark in there. 48" long x 18"w with the nova extreme pro 6 bulb SETTING on it now.

Just one strip? Does it have to be 48"? Can I use a submersible bulb/fixture type tying? Cheap please, Any suggestions?

Thanks everyone. Riding my bike to Walmart now (15+ one way I think). Sounds like only 2 warm days left.

Tonight is pwc night. Can I clean my Fluval 405 and Phosphate Reactor also, or do those need to be done on a different day?

Old 10-09-2011, 03:53 PM   #1379
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I lean towards black backgrounds, I use a latex paint and do about 3 coats.

There are several options for moonlights, I'm wanting these
R2 Solutions DUAL Extreme Moonlight 4 3/8" LED Tube - AquaCave

I think you should be fine cleaning the filter and reactor, after all most of your beneficial bacteria is on your rock.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:05 PM   #1380
Aquarium Advice Addict

hey buffy if you dont mind more input ive had great luck with krylon fusion (3 tanks)and my new favorite is automotive spray paint(1tank). plus then you have alot of color choices.

last can i used was dupli color.

i too am partial to black but sweety pie wanted something different for the ram tank. so to the auto parts store i went and now she has a metalic silver back ground for that tank.

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com