Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-28-2011, 12:25 AM   #1461
Aquarium Advice Addict

Few Pictures

Couple pictures from tonite.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:38 AM   #1462
Aquarium Advice Addict

wonderful buffy. what are they?

Old 10-28-2011, 04:48 AM   #1463
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to kurtyboh Send a message via Skype™ to kurtyboh
the first looks like it could be her coco worm, the other i believe is elegance...
Old 10-28-2011, 06:15 AM   #1464
Aquarium Advice Addict

That is what they are. This picture of the elegance is after the fire shrimp "poked" at it. This is why I say the elegance is fine and the fire shrimp didn't hurt it, just looked like it said "excuse me, coming through". LOL

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 10-28-2011, 08:31 AM   #1465
Aquarium Advice Addict

Very nice. May have to look at getting a tube worm. We have about 4 small feather dusters that popped up and are doing great. My wife thinks they are very pretty because they are so delicate. I think she would like a tube worm if it looked like that one.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:48 PM   #1466
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy
That is what they are. This picture of the elegance is after the fire shrimp "poked" at it. This is why I say the elegance is fine and the fire shrimp didn't hurt it, just looked like it said "excuse me, coming through". LOL
Looking good. The elegance seems fully deployed. Pretty sure the shrimp was doing its shrimp thing and probably had no evil intentions.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #1467
Aquarium Advice Addict

I like the coco worm. I'd like to get another one or two. Seems like alot of the corals and such I like are to be place low in the tank. I'll run out of real estate down there before the rock cause they all need to have alot of space between. So far I've bought 5 for my tank and they are all on the sand. I need to liven up that rock LOL.

I work 2 more nights then I plan on acclimating my 2 cardinals and firefish to the dt on Friday. They are still doing good.

I wish I could feed them more cause feeding time is such an active time. It's cool to watch. But with being in qt they get fed every other day.

Friday is going to be busy with the acclimation, pwc on dt (I'll do that a few hours before I acclimate), get that phosphate reactor back up and running, and finish hanging my light fixture.

So far no progress on the stand that I hope to be made. He's been busy. Since we work at the same place, those maintenance guys don't seem to get much time off and they have families. May be awhile. I don't have "kids" at home so I don't have quite as busy a home time as most.

Who said patience is a virture should be shot, LOL. It's not a virtue, it's a dang nightmare.

Old 11-02-2011, 05:56 PM   #1468
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
Who said patience is a virture should be shot, LOL. It's not a virtue, it's a dang nightmare.
I will have to get back to you on that one, just hang on for a bit.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:14 AM   #1469
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnelson99 View Post
I will have to get back to you on that one, just hang on for a bit.

Just finished hanging my lights tonite. Ended up having to use telephone wire I had laying around cause the wire I bought wasn't flexible enough. Figured I could spare a few feet from the 50' roll I had. Why I had it, no clue LOL. It's grayish so it really doesn't look bad with my walls lol.

So now tomorrow I can finally raise my light high enough to get to everything in my tank...Well sorta, I'm still short and can only reach just so far so I hope I don't fall in when reaching in the back LMAO (I left my snorkel in Hawaii)

Tomorrow is tank day now that I can get that light out of the way. Gotta get my pwc done, get the phosphate reactor out and redo that. Clean up my fluval and when all that is done, test my water and acclimate my fishies to the dt tank. RO has been mixing for 2 days now, temp is good, salinity is 1.024, pH is 8.0. I'm thinking on putting a little of that buffer in that says it brings pH to 8.2. Whatcha'll think on that?

WOOHOO!!!!! I'm gonna have a fishie in my tank. Yay for me

Been long week, sorry haven't been around, problems at work almost caused me do take some legal action. But just came home and watched my tank, my fish and my dog. No humans. I'm glad I have my tank, it does help calm, even if it's kinda empty lol.

I may go fish shopping sunday, go check out those huge maroon clowns this store has that's about 45 minutes away.

Will try to update if I get anything. After I get my fishies moved to dt, I'll take a few pics so everyone can see and toss me a few hints tips and such. Input is always welcome.

Night all

Old 11-05-2011, 07:39 AM   #1470
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yep, we will want pictures of the fishies in their new home. Then we can start bugging you for full tank shots! lol

Glad your pets are calming, isn't it awesome to just sit and watch a tank? It kinda takes me away from it all if you know what I mean.

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com