Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-05-2011, 09:00 AM   #1471
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry to hear about the problems at work. Hope it all shakes out for you. How heavy is your light fixture? Are you sure the telephone wire is going to hold it? There is not a lot of copper wire inside of telephone wire. It is mostly made up of insulation which breaks easily. Would hate to hear that you light fell.

Looking forward to see some pictures as well. It amazes me how patient you have been.

Old 11-05-2011, 12:52 PM   #1472
Aquarium Advice Addict

No worries bout work, it is what it is. I think light is 24 pounds but the telephone while is only temporary. It's hold good now. I plan on changing it soon. I am hoping to get to home depot this afternoon for some egg crate for the top and will get some other type wire at that time.

I have chain going to the fixture and those come together and from there up is wire. Looks like the fixture is not balanced though and is heaving on one end than the other because of where I had to place the "center" hook to actually have it hang balanced. So that part is off centered so I don't have one end lower than the other. Still doesn't look bad though.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:53 PM   #1473
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Yep, we will want pictures of the fishies in their new home. Then we can start bugging you for full tank shots! lol

Glad your pets are calming, isn't it awesome to just sit and watch a tank? It kinda takes me away from it all if you know what I mean.
I definitely know what you mean and yes it does. With all going on I actually wanted to say the **** with it but am glad I didn't.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 11-05-2011, 01:05 PM   #1474
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'm glad you didnt' throw in the towel, it's a sign of character in my opinion. keep on trucking buffy!
Old 11-05-2011, 02:37 PM   #1475
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
I'm glad you didnt' throw in the towel, it's a sign of character in my opinion. keep on trucking buffy!
Wow Buffy!!!! I didn't know you were a trucker????? Oh, that was a metafore wasn't it? Yes, I know. My wife and kids get sick of my lame humor too.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:06 PM   #1476
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lame humor. hahaha. You wouldn't believe, ahh never mind.

I'm trying Carey, true, but everyday is a struggle just to keep going at anything if you know what I mean.

Anyway, what is the easiest way to cut egg crate? I need to get it cut before I acclimate my fishies. Don't want them lil babies jumping out and I don't want to use glass covers.

Had to rearrange rockwork a bit, I hate how I think it's stable and then I do my cleaning and seems like it got loose and I almost have a landslide. I don't even do the wiggle test, **** I do the bulldozer test and it doesn't budge and it still works itself loose. Grrr. lol I have some more I know I'm gonna have to move too.

Daughter kinda freaked last night when she saw 2 things crawling around LMAO, it was funny. They were Bristle Stars or Bristle Worms, I don't know what they are called at the moment, but I do know they are the safe ones, plus she was a little grossed out at the turbo sucking up on the glass and the couple of critters running around on the rock and sand LOL. I told her those were all good things. I'm thinking she doesn't want a saltwater tank anytime soon. lmao.

Old 11-05-2011, 11:09 PM   #1477
Aquarium Advice Addict

Also, pH pretty steady at 8.0 so I used some API Proper pH 8.2. Hope that's ok but it was all I could find close by. I mixed it in ro and dissolved it first, then added.

Old 11-05-2011, 11:24 PM   #1478
Aquarium Advice Addict

2 pictures

Here's a full tank shot. Got my drip tube ready to go. Also a picture of my handy dandy rigging. Going to replace that telephone wire with wire I bought today and also going to replace the D-links with another type fastner.

Old 11-05-2011, 11:39 PM   #1479
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Tank looks great. I really like your rockscaping. Thats gonna look awesome when it starts to color up and theres alot more life in there.

Keep the pictures coming!
Old 11-06-2011, 01:02 AM   #1480
Aquarium Advice Addict

great looking tank buffy. you have done a fantastic job.

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com