Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-12-2011, 10:51 AM   #1521
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Hey Buffy. I have a 12 bulb fixture with 2 purple plus, 4 blue plus and 6 aquablue specials. I recently moved the purple bulbs from the front of the fixture to the back so it's not as purple. Here are some shots of the lights on, hope they help.

Thanks Carey. It's not as blue as I thought it would be with 10 blue bulbs. Aren't you using any of the whites?

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:57 AM   #1522
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeetwitch View Post
wow buffy. i dont think i would make it a day in your world. your a better woman than i am.

LOL, sometimes I don't want to be in my world. I'd be happy to switch with you for a day, just so I can have a break lol.

Guess what the next day, I came home, started up the RO to make water for this weekend. Forgot. Went to sleep and woke up flooded again. Grrr LOL, I said the heck with it and went to work. Came home and said it can dry on it's own. Wasn't dealing with that too. It's dry now.

I really need to get an auto cutoff. Guess I'm gonna be ordering something, when I order bulbs.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 11-12-2011, 12:25 PM   #1523
Aquarium Advice Addict

Plug soaked in water?

So with my little flooding of 2 1/2 rooms of ro water, I decided to get that mixing going for my pwc now that my container is full. Soooo I top of my tank and then empty my brute a little so that when the pump goes it doesn't overflow again lol. However, the pump plug decided it wanted to go swimming for a few days. Anyone got a clue bout how long that needs to dry out before I can plug it in the outlet. I really don't want to have a perm in my hair today.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:34 PM   #1524
Aquarium Advice Addict

LMAO! Good luck man.

life is short... get a fish.
SwimsWithFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:35 PM   #1525
Aquarium Advice Addict

just a quick dry off with a towel or paper towel should be sufficient
Old 11-12-2011, 12:58 PM   #1526
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The 6 aquablue plus's are my whites, they are at 12k spectrum. Then theres 4 really blue blues, the blue plus's and then the 2 purple plus's.

I found that for my fondness of blue I like a split half and half between specials at 12k and blue plus's.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:07 PM   #1527
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm gonna let the plug dry out til next week, I put a spare aqua 50 in there. So water is mixing. Light fixture is on floor ready to be diagnosed for complete damages.

Thanks Carey, I wasn't sure cause they all had the blue word in them lol.

@ Coffeewitch, yeah but with my luck....................... lmao, jeez you'd think I'd loose a few pounds with all the laughing I have to do cause of all the crap. Wanted to quit smoking but instead I increased. Go figure

Any suggestions for a top off so I can let my baseboards dry out totally without flooding them weekly????? Especially since I never know when I'm gonna sleep or how deep?

Old 11-12-2011, 01:22 PM   #1528
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah I'd do the same. Electricity scares the crap outa me.

life is short... get a fish.
SwimsWithFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:26 PM   #1529
Aquarium Advice Addict

Light results

I have 5 working bulbs, all six sockets are working. 3 white and 2 blue so only one blue broke. However since 4 bulbs are on 1 plug and 2 are on the other, I only have 4 working bulbs. Seems like the sockets are wired that 2 sockets on the same path need to have contact for those to work. Sooooo 6 sockets, 4 sockets to one plug but they are paired so if one of 4 doesn't have a bulb then only 2 sockets work.

So I had 2 blue on the one plug and 1 blue with 3 white on the other.

Should I keep the 2 blue on the one plug and have only 2 white lights with it or should I put a blue with the whites and have 1 blue and 3 whites working?

Til I get another bulb that is. Any suggestions yet on a bulb, blue? purple? white? Brand?

Old 11-12-2011, 03:06 PM   #1530
Aquarium Advice Addict

I've been a huge fan of my ATI bulbs - special blues (whites) and blue + for actinics

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com