Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-12-2011, 03:24 PM   #1531
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I have my four blues on one switch so I can have a total blue phase. I have the purples mixed in with my whites.

Old 11-12-2011, 05:37 PM   #1532
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
Any suggestions for a top off so I can let my baseboards dry out totally without flooding them weekly????? Especially since I never know when I'm gonna sleep or how deep?
If you go to www.purewaterclub.com they have a float valve and a coresponding cutoff valve for sale. It would work with any RO/DI

Old 11-13-2011, 12:46 AM   #1533
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
I have my four blues on one switch so I can have a total blue phase. I have the purples mixed in with my whites.
I like the blue phase, that's what I had done with mine. I put the 2 blues on one switch and the other blue was with the 3 whites.

I was kinda thinking a purple with the whites but I hesitate cause I want to make sure the everyone in my tank gets the right spectrums they need. And if you read back, (lights and I don't get along lol) though I may make electricity and try to keep lights on at work, doesn't mean I know anything about it LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnelson99 View Post
If you go to www.purewaterclub.com they have a float valve and a coresponding cutoff valve for sale. It would work with any RO/DI
Thanks, I'm kinda tired of waking up and finding I've flooded three rooms again. I hope those walls dry out and don't get mold inside them.

@Coffeewitch - I would end up with that mold lol, cause so YOU wouldn't have to worry about it. LMAO

Ok, I have my light back on my tank, gotta order a light bulb yet. I rewired the pulley with sturdy connections now so when I hook that up tomorrow that should be good. I need to get two more wire clamps first. So right now, fixture is cleaned up and sitting on top of tank.

RO water is mixing still. Got side tracked with 2 grandkids camping in my living room tonite, so since they are finally sleeping am going to get my water testing done and see where I'm at with my RO so I can do pwc tomorrow. Temp of RO is 77.2. LOL that was an easy glance.

All is well in Buffy's tank............so far..............knock on wood..........:bangh ead: lol

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:55 PM   #1534
Aquarium Advice Addict

So I ordered a purple ATI bulb and a level cutoff for my RO/DI. Now maybe I won't flood anymore lol.

I have the lights finally hung safely and level. They are off to the left about 2 inches but when my stand is done that will be corrected.

Tested my water last night, all ok except Alk was 3.86 and Calcium was 460. I didn't test Mg as I fell asleep.

Hopefully will be able to do the pwc today. Missed yesterday.

Lots of little bubbles on most of the rocks in various places so am adjusting on my powerheads. There appears to be movement everywhere so don't know what is causing the bubbles yet.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 11-14-2011, 04:01 PM   #1535
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just being a new tank. They will slowly disappear. I had the same thing when I added new rock. Not to worry.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:08 PM   #1536
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Glad you got what you needed. Flooding has got to suck. lol

I assume soon we will have a new FTS with the lights all properly hung?

Old 11-15-2011, 01:41 AM   #1537
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeetwitch
wow buffy. i dont think i would make it a day in your world. your a better woman than i am.
Im kinda confused at this statement
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:19 AM   #1538
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to kurtyboh Send a message via Skype™ to kurtyboh
obviously twitch is not a good woman!
Old 11-15-2011, 08:39 AM   #1539
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Glad you got what you needed. Flooding has got to suck. lol

I assume soon we will have a new FTS with the lights all properly hung?

Obviously - but once the new bulb arrives and is in. I don't have the phosphate reactor in and my phosphates were .2. I gotta check into my calcium and alk though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huma-huma View Post
Im kinda confused at this statement
Looks like you ain't the only one.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:52 AM   #1540
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hahaha. I know she's a she. So I very well couldn't say she was a better man than I am. I don't think I could put up with the list of crap she is. I have a hard enough time not going postal at my job. And it's government so really what's so serious there?

I've got a bad attitude or a low tolerance for blatant BS. Probably both though.

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com