Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-27-2011, 11:52 PM   #1591
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy
Mostly for hair algae.

No tangs for me and I don't want to add any more fish right now.

I am looking at getting more snails.

@ Mr. X it was the encrusted horn, he has no more flesh, it has turned into brown gunky stuff which looked like brown jelly. He is still in qt. The elegance and coco worm still appear
to be doing good. The favia looks to be getting some color back but if he is it is not much. The 3 fish and 2 shrimp look like thet are still doing good also.
I had the same problem growing corals. But my Toad stool leather coral, mushrooms, long tentacle leather, and Kenya tree really took off. You might try growing on of those next as they are all really hardy corals.

Old 12-02-2011, 11:17 PM   #1592
Aquarium Advice Addict

Update

Carpenter picked up the stand on Wednesday to do a couple of tweeks. Would be easier to do them without 75 gallon full tank on it lol.

Now I haven't been on lately, but a few of my buddies here have ordered corals and are ordering more. Where are you guys getting them that they are not 35.00 apiece and up?

What is a decent price for a "frag"? And how "big" should ti be for the priced? Any thoughts on that?

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:01 AM   #1593
Aquarium Advice Addict

Go to salt critters and make an order. They've got $5 frags. I'm going to order 15 frags for around 100 with shipping for my nano. Can't beat that price anywhere else.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:13 PM   #1594
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
or join a local reef club. you'll get lots of frags cheap and/or free from local reefers.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:10 PM   #1595
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X View Post
or join a local reef club. you'll get lots of frags cheap and/or free from local reefers.
Thanks, I thought of that but I'm chicken.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:49 AM   #1596
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X View Post
+1 Not to mention, a lot better selection on hardware over Craigs List.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:24 PM   #1597
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

We had our Frag Swap last night at the LFS. Even in our small community we had over 50 frags change hands for very low prices.
Excellent place to learn something you didn't know. I sold LEDs and bought frags. Got a Foxface Rabbit Fish who is very cool.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:18 PM   #1598
Aquarium Advice Addict

Our local reef club is having the Christmas party at the Atlanta Aquarium. Largest in the world. The aquarium will be closed and they are having a muti-course meal in front of the main display tank (the one with the whale sharks) They also have an open bar for the entire night and the behind the scenes tour of the aquarium. All for $20.00 if you are a member of the club. Unfortunately, I can't make it that night. :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
We had our Frag Swap last night at the LFS. Even in our small community we had over 50 frags change hands for very low prices.
Excellent place to learn something you didn't know. I sold LEDs and bought frags. Got a Foxface Rabbit Fish who is very cool.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:23 PM   #1599
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to kurtyboh Send a message via Skype™ to kurtyboh
You have the largest aquarium, but the one in oki has the largest viewing window!
Old 12-04-2011, 07:09 PM   #1600
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtyboh
You have the largest aquarium, but the one in oki has the largest viewing window!
Aren't you guys forgetting the one in Dubai? Lol

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com