Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-11-2011, 01:42 AM   #1611
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks for answering everyone.

@ KAhner, yes I am talking about a "pad" between the tank and the stand. It will help with any slight imperfections with the stand and or tank. When I first got my stuff, I had read up and uneven surfaces can cause a stress fracture in the aquarium, breaking the glass. Read where it was suggested to do the "credit card" test and if it slides between then it's not, uhm plum I think the word is. Anyway, that's why the pad. LOL

Now, I just ordered 8 corals. I have a few things to do yet tonite and then will be going back to read up on your answers and get that all organized. I have another 10 gallon tank, so I will be using that to quaranteen the new corals in.

I have my toilet finally removed and the hole capped over with a hole drilled in for the RO/DI drain line. I have a couple of pieces to get at store tomorrow to finish that project up.

Got lazy and was not going to do my original plan of doing it that way but well my main toilet started leaking between the tank and seat and well upon tightening it, over and over and EVER SO SLOW......it went CRACK. UGGGG

So tomorrow the front bathroom will officially be renamed to my RO/DI Room. Same purpose though...........making water LOL and that's even with pun LOL.

As far as my corals, well my order doesn't keep the picture with it (dang), I got 5 Zoas and 3 Ricordias.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #1612
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnelson99
Our local reef club is having the Christmas party at the Atlanta Aquarium. Largest in the world. The aquarium will be closed and they are having a muti-course meal in front of the main display tank (the one with the whale sharks) They also have an open bar for the entire night and the behind the scenes tour of the aquarium. All for $20.00 if you are a member of the club. Unfortunately, I can't make it that night. :-(
Jealous! I've been and you can't enjoy the place unless you can kick everyone else out! Lol

Old 12-11-2011, 02:47 PM   #1613
Aquarium Advice Addict

So I've got one more valve to replace, then get the RO/DI connections done. Hose is smaller than the connections so am figuring that out, when done I can turn my main water supply on and begin making water again. (providing nothing leaks lol)

I'm hoping to get a delivery date set for Friday so I have time to do everything I need to do.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 12-12-2011, 06:24 AM   #1614
Aquarium Advice Addict

Coral Delivery

Just got my confirmation that my coral will be shipped on Thursday for delivery on Friday. WOOHOO

I ordered from Coralmorphologic.com. Haven't heard of anyone ordering from them, thought I'd give them a try. Was 8 corals for $115 after 20% discount that have running for the holidays. Plus 35 shipping. So came to 150 and change. So far they have responded to my questions very quickly and considering it was a weekend too.

I will post results of my order and delivery if anyone wants to know.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:47 AM   #1615
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

When its all over and done with, make a post about it in the vendors forum.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:34 PM   #1616
Aquarium Advice Addict

Encrusted Horn Update

Ok, so those who have been following my thread know that my Encrusted Horn had some brown stuff on it and the beautiful green was quickly covered in this stuff and the green was gone pretty much overnight. Well I left him in qt and he turned totally white, looking nothing more than a white piece rock.

I decided to leave him in qt and just see what happens, who knows maybe underneath him inside the rock would be something cool to come out.

I've been keeping my fingers crossed because I was seeing green starting to come back. So I continued to leave him in qt and he is still there...drum roll ......louder please my wonderful band...................that's it WOOHOO!!.....

It appears tonite that 25% or so of his beautiful green coloring is coming back.

WOOHOO knock on wood, I am not the MASS CORAL MURDERER............yet.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:42 PM   #1617
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Glad to hear it Buffy! Good news. seems people have had some bad luck lately, good to hear something good
Old 12-12-2011, 11:58 PM   #1618
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Glad to hear it Buffy! Good news. seems people have had some bad luck lately, good to hear something good
Yep, I hear ya, my string of bad luck is still going, but once in a blue moon, something good pokes its head out and this time the head is green

Old 12-15-2011, 10:53 PM   #1619
Aquarium Advice Addict

Grrr

Well as I said, I have a nice long string of bad luck, so far the Encrusted Horn is the same...no worse and no better. However

Night before last my emerald crab took up a spot in the back of the tank, he was eating off the rock there, last night still in same spot, no movement, I decided to leave him be just in case he was molting because I couldn't really see him could for where he was.....He is still there and no sign of him anywhere else and I now believe he is not molting cause the shell is not transparent enough.

Last night my Purple Firefish didn't come out of hiding like he always does, we didn't get our staring contest in. I was just gonna type that I still can't find him, however I glanced over and there he was...back in his usual front and center "looking out the window".......WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now on to this one........Can't find my peppermint BUT sometimes I don't see him for a couple days, so him I won't worry about yet.

I lost a turbo snail, his empty shell is in the front of the tank now. I know he is history cause his body was with the shell and I moved the shell and his body "fell" out. So I have 2 turbo's left.

Lastly so far my Fire Shrimp has molten twice....once last week. He's not due for another molting this fast but the first time he molted, he left his shell in the back of the tank. Well I see Fire Shrimp in the same spot. Can't find him anywhere else and he's pretty active. So I look at the Shrimp in the back and it's hard to tell with the way it's positioned if he did in fact molt, but I don't believe so because the "shell" or whatever it is ....it's a little to dark compared to the other times. I hope he is sleeping cause he was his normal self this morning when I left for work.

Sorry so long but I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts about this wonderful new hobby. I am expecting 8 Corals to be delivered tomorrow and now I'm not sure I should have gotten them. They will probably end up like the others.

It's just a matter of time before the Elegance and the Coco Worm decide to leave their home and find "greener pastures". Maybe I should look at giving them a home before they do go off to better pastures, I don't know, I just don't know. Grrrrrrrrr

K, I'll stop blabbering. Sucks sometimes when there are no human's around to talk to, so I figured I'd vent to this glass case, if anything to get that little bit off my chest. Night all.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:55 PM   #1620
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Don't get discouraged! it sometimes takes a bit to find your perfect balance in the tank. I had a turbo snail die like that not too long ago myself, no biggie.

I bleached out one of my first corals, so don't worry! I'm sure your new corals are gonna do very well! Don't forget pictures!

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com