Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-16-2011, 02:50 AM   #1621
Aquarium Advice Freak

I wouldn't worry to much about the Peppermint shrimp I don't see the one in the 175g for a month or more unless I get really lucky with the flash light. When I do see him I only see his antennas. Things take time with this hobby and don't always go the way you want them too. You can't really expect everything to survive and flourish. I've lost creatures for no apparent reasons at all even with a clean bill of health all through qt and for a month or 3 then poof dead in the morning. Stick with it Buffy!!!!!

Old 12-16-2011, 07:02 PM   #1622
Aquarium Advice Addict

Coral Delivery

My corals came in today. The packaging was excellent. Uhmm they are soooo tiny. When I first got the box, I thought how the heck can 8 corals fit in that LOL now I know.

They put them in water in a bag and used rubberbands. Separate bags except one bag has 2. They also sent me a thank you Ric. No clue what kind. So I have 9 instead of 8. Then they used paper around all of them. Then they were inside this solid white blow up thingie and inside it was a heat bag.

I took them all out and looked at them. Uhm they pretty much all look alike to me right now. They did label the bags for me too. I asked them to and I asked them to send me pictures (which they did) of what I bought so I knew what was what, til I can look at them and remember it's name LOL.

So after I looked at them, I put them all back in they way I took them out cause I'm too chicken to take them out of their bags right now. Besides that I don't have a home for them right now. I wanted to have everything ready but life didn't allow me any time to prepare.

Fire Shrimp I believe is gone, He's still on sand in back along with the emerald. When I move the rocks and stuff over maybe I'll see new ones and those are just empty shells but I am not getting my hopes up.

I know we lose in this hobby, I just didn't expect to lose so many already. It's very depressing and as some of you know, there are other things going on that just add to it. Gets hard to deal, but still when I look in my tank and see what still is in there, it does calm me and I feel good about it and I feel like I can survive all these "issues". Sounds corny and stupid, but hey it's true. As much as this has cost me, and is going to cost me, it's still worth it. I just gotta remember everyday that I can come home to my best buddy (my dog) and my tank.

Now I got that off my chest lol. Where the heck do I begin? I don't know how much time those corals can stay in their bags. I have another 10 gallon tank I think I will use for QT, gotta mix the salt yet though (as I said, I couldn't get to any preps).

What does everyone use to clean their hands and arms with so you don't contaminate your tank? I've been cleaning and stuff. So I'm pretty sure I have residuals of cleaners on my skin.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:02 PM   #1623
Aquarium Advice Addict

Pics

Packaging Pics shortly.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 12-16-2011, 07:31 PM   #1624
Aquarium Advice Addict

Can't wait for PICS!!! As for washing, that's a tough one. I've never had anything harmful, so I basically just wash my hands / arms with really hot water.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:32 PM   #1625
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just a few pics.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:34 PM   #1626
Aquarium Advice Addict

A few more........ This is only one of them, I don't know how to take pictures of them yet.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:35 PM   #1627
Aquarium Advice Addict

Dang it, I gotta put my big girl panties on and get going, I'm procrastinating cause I'm chicken. Grrrrrrrrrr lol

Old 12-16-2011, 07:41 PM   #1628
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just went back and checked out the site, and if you got anything like what they are showing on the site, you should have some great looking corals!
Old 12-16-2011, 08:07 PM   #1629
Aquarium Advice Addict

Put the corals in your main tank until you find somewhere else to put them. Leave the lights off for a day or several hours then only turn on 2 bulbs for a week or so.... Afterwards turn on another 2 bulbs and go for 2 weeks with 4 bulbs then you can turn on your last two bulbs.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:12 PM   #1630
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to kurtyboh Send a message via Skype™ to kurtyboh
Corals can mess you up pretty badly, many of them release nuerotoxins. I have a link to a good story but its from another forum so pm me and ill send a link if youre interested.

Buffy ill sendit to you in a min

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com