Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-27-2011, 02:40 AM   #1701
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to kurtyboh Send a message via Skype™ to kurtyboh
No dishes or cooking if you go out to eat

Old 12-27-2011, 11:35 PM   #1702
Aquarium Advice Addict

Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtyboh View Post
No dishes or cooking if you go out to eat
And that's what I've had to do, drive thru's have been loving me.

Ok...Got the main bathroom done, woohoo. Got a little leak at the supply near the tank, but tightened it again. Now waiting to see....Fingers crossed.

Old stand is moved, and new stand is in place. I decided since I will have a sump that I only need 6 inches for any plumbing behind my tank....That enough?

I did however move it from 12" to 15" on the left side. So if I do have to get into the back I can go from the sides and not lean on the top rim to reach.

Took some pictures of the new corals but are a little blurry, gonna post anyway and am gonna try to take more with a regular camera, But I promised these and so I gotta get some up. They are doing much better, not all open the way I think they should be, but they are starting to open now. They are going to stay in qt until I get my main tank back up, that way they only need to be moved once instead of twice which would be less stressful for them.

Do I need to use both epoxy and glue to attach the coral or can I just use epoxy?

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:39 PM   #1703
Aquarium Advice Addict

Pics

Here are a few more....

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 12-27-2011, 11:56 PM   #1704
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I would use gelled super glue alone.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:25 AM   #1705
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Mushrooms look great! I love those things lol
Old 12-28-2011, 12:34 AM   #1706
Aquarium Advice Addict

Awesome corals! They look fantastic!
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:32 PM   #1707
Aquarium Advice Addict

Anyone want to go back a few posts and tell me what's coming out of the Elegance's mouth? And maybe provide some info on the other questions. Thanks

Old 12-28-2011, 05:27 PM   #1708
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to kurtyboh Send a message via Skype™ to kurtyboh
As far as epoxy, never used it but its used in conjunction with glue. The epoxy molds to the surface of the rock and frag to give better adhesion. It does appear that glue is not required but almost everyone glues as well, my guess would be to give instant results rather than risking the frag falling off of the epoxy.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:16 AM   #1709
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks, I'll have to get some glue then, just to play it safe.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:31 PM   #1710
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hanging Light

I've decided to hang my light differently so I shouldn't have to go in that cold itchy crawl space AND it shouldn't take me 6 months to do like the toilet did, which by the way is still leak free, only thing I got to do is cut the vertical pipe some so the lid can be put back on. WOOT WOOT finally.

Gotta get bills paid, am late on bout 4 of them which means late charges, then I'm gonna hang this light, clean the 75 and hopefully start putting everything back together.

Time off is coming to an end and my nite shift cycle starts tomorrow in which time I become to exhausted to do anything, so wish me luck at atleast getting the light hung. One goal at a time works better than looking at the whole picture sometimes, whole pictures can be overwhelming for me which leads to way too much procrastination.

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com