Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-08-2012, 11:52 AM   #1741
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421
Black paint.... And a beer
Ditto......

Old 01-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #1742
Aquarium Advice Regular

My buddy bought the textured black spray piant from lowes kinda looks marbelized it looks phenominal after two coats. Added depth. Ice cold rolling rock and black paint, recipe 4 success!!!!!

Old 01-08-2012, 11:50 PM   #1743
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edro View Post
My buddy bought the textured black spray piant from lowes kinda looks marbelized it looks phenominal after two coats. Added depth. Ice cold rolling rock and black paint, recipe 4 success!!!!!
That sounds like it would be cool, I'll have to see if they have it in the good old bucket style.

Never heard of Rolling Rock, but Smirnoff works for me

Do you know if that textured has a gloss/shine to it?

Ohhhhhh I can't wait til tomorrow!!!!!! Well yes I can cause I've got the first time jitters. They say the 10th for delivery but who knows, it may be tomorrow, though I have been a day ahead in anticipation so much that I stopped at gas station on way to work this am and wrote the 9th on the check so tomorrow is the 10th hehehe LMAO.

Anyone care to hold my hand steady while I glue these things?? I really don't wont to drop any of them ANY MORE, thankfully they all survived my torture, LOL, I've been getting the shakes lately, of course it is only noticable when I NEED to hold still LOL.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:24 AM   #1744
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy

That sounds like it would be cool, I'll have to see if they have it in the good old bucket style.

Never heard of Rolling Rock, but Smirnoff works for me

Do you know if that textured has a gloss/shine to it?

Ohhhhhh I can't wait til tomorrow!!!!!! Well yes I can cause I've got the first time jitters. They say the 10th for delivery but who knows, it may be tomorrow, though I have been a day ahead in anticipation so much that I stopped at gas station on way to work this am and wrote the 9th on the check so tomorrow is the 10th hehehe LMAO.

Anyone care to hold my hand steady while I glue these things?? I really don't wont to drop any of them ANY MORE, thankfully they all survived my torture, LOL, I've been getting the shakes lately, of course it is only noticable when I NEED to hold still LOL.
It is like a satin finish but it looks really 3d like. I use 5% limo tint on all 3 of my tanks . Looks good and is easy to do!
Old 01-09-2012, 01:02 AM   #1745
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

We painted ours probably 3 different shades of blue, then silver, before we finally decided on black. Good thing about paint, you can always take a razor blade to it! That color sounds awesome though, I wanna see!!!
Old 01-09-2012, 07:22 AM   #1746
Aquarium Advice Addict

I heard it was really easy to remove if you need to.
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:32 PM   #1747
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well so much for accomplishments today, got sidetracked and so far nothing is done. I was able to get to 2 stores today and stinks cause they didn't have any paint I wanted, so I figured I needed to get SOMETHING and after having been rushing around all day, I just got some semi-gloss glidden.

Just got home so still gonna try to get things accomplished.

Lowe's is about 35 miles away, so I will go there maybe Saturday if I can and see all what they got.

WOOHOOT...I gotta get busting it.....My order should be here tomorrow. Unfortunately I work nights and probably won't have time to do much before I have to leave if anything because they seem to deliver about 1/2 AFTER I leave for work lol. Either way, still can't wait and won't be doing anything with it til Friday afternoon at least anyway.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 01-09-2012, 11:03 PM   #1748
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well at least you got some stuff you can work with, it's not going to be too boring. What did you order?
Old 01-10-2012, 12:43 AM   #1749
Aquarium Advice Addict

I ordered a few light bulbs, 2 led strips, disks and plugs for the corals, coral glue and the stuff to power up the leds.

I'm waiting for my lights to cool down a little so I can take them apart and hook in my stuff to hang. I'm still hoping to get it hung tonite.

Tank is clean. Found a few scratches inside, a few are a little deep cause I can feel them, so I did some research for the past 3 hours and "filled' the scratches is a little super glue so the scratch doesn't turn into a disaster.

As soon as I'm sure the tank is dry, I'm gonna start painting, I am soooo hoping I can still get the first coat on before I get too tired, but that will depend on how many times I have to go up and down the ladder yet.

I'm debating if I should try to lay the tank down while I paint instead of it being upright. Not sure if that will help the paint "spread" evenly and not have a "drip" lines.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:20 AM   #1750
Aquarium Advice Addict

I had mine laying down when I did it. I would be so nervous of putting superglue on my tank lol.

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com