Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #1761
Aquarium Advice Addict

Words of wisdom from dary. I agree. Although it stinks, you've come a long way. And I'm not sure if the anthrax thing is a very good idea lol.

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:01 PM   #1762
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell View Post
Words of wisdom from dary. I agree. Although it stinks, you've come a long way. And I'm not sure if the anthrax thing is a very good idea lol.

Yeah, I don't think anthrax is a good idea, and I didn't even suggest it lol, so before I get in trouble for that too, we should drop discussion of it. I can see the headlines now "Beginner saltwater aquarium enthusiast goes postal - resorts to Anthrax" see page 23 for story lmao

Thanks everyone, sometimes things can be so frustrating. As I told Marine Depot, I like their company and didn't want to not order from them anymore. They have been very understanding and patient with my "rantings" I have suggested to them that they update their product descriptions to eliminate this type of confusion.

I will order from them again without hesitation, well, maybe I will ask questions to verify stuff just to be sure and not assume. I know they always answer as I have asked questions before. I just assumed on this one.

I am keeping the LED's and when I have the money I'm going to order the rest of the reflectors.

Went through work all night with a excruciating headache and I'll be darned if I woke up with it too. I have an hour before I have to leave for work and I'm going to try to get a coating of paint in on the tank.

Finally settled on an aquarium software program, since I don't have the desire to make something up. I need something to keep me organized and I could not for the life of me even make up a simple spreadsheet (that never used to be a problem), so I bought Aquarium Lab. Gathering up all my scraps of paper, notes jotted on envelops and stuff and gonna start entering info tonite at break. I know this organization will surely help me and keep me from going in circles so much.

Texted my daughter last night, and if her hubby is not working on friday, she is going to come over and help me put the 75 gal up on the new stand and try to get everything back in. I don't know how much we will get done because I said "come over to help me out and have a few beers", lol we may end up with more than a few beers and nothing else done since.......singing........"we deserve a break today so getting up to get away to....Buzzland".

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #1763
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lol I wish my family would come over and help me out, I could definitely use it. They just think I'm crazy for spending so much on it. But when they stare at it, it kinda shows them why.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:14 AM   #1764
Aquarium Advice Addict

I didn't say she was gonna for sure LOL.

I got a coating of paint on the tank before I left for work tonite. WOOHOO

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 01-12-2012, 07:23 AM   #1765
Aquarium Advice Addict

Haha just offer more beer and shell eventually come. And nice! Is it starting to be opaque?
Old 01-12-2012, 08:14 AM   #1766
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell
Haha just offer more beer and shell eventually come. And nice! Is it starting to be opaque?
Beer ? ..... What time ?
Old 01-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #1767
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lol just go back to your happy place..
Old 01-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #1768
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yes, it is starting to be opaque. I hope to get another coat on before I go to work, gotta wake up first.

Beer time .......probably bout 8p, that should be bout 6 for you Dary lol.

I started entering in some info in the program I got last night and I'm glad I got it, but now I'm kinda scared cause the cost is going up lol, not sure I really want to know how much I've spent yet.

So as to my next project after this tank is put up and back together.....

Should I try to make the sump serve as a sump, fuge, and algae scrubber?

Old 01-12-2012, 11:54 PM   #1769
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Oh good Lord...don't add the costs all up. Stop now! Any good endeavor should be spared the sharp sting of the adding machine. Sometimes ignorance is bliss, even in this hobby of details.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:12 AM   #1770
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote
Oh good Lord...don't add the costs all up. Stop now! Any good endeavor should be spared the sharp sting of the adding machine. Sometimes ignorance is bliss, even in this hobby of details.
Amen to that! The number one question everyone asks me is "how much did you pay for that?"

My answer: Just enough to keep me happy until I go buy more stuff.

There are so many things I could spend money on, but providing a beautiful bio-environment for beautiful living creatures in my own living room is something I've found is hard to surpass.

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com