Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-20-2012, 07:09 AM   #1791
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to kurtyboh Send a message via Skype™ to kurtyboh
One of these days youll have it made

Old 01-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #1792
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ugg

Last night I had planned on putting my 75 gal back together, except I got home bout 6:30, fed and let the dog out. Next thing I knew it was 6 am. I must have been exhausted cause I never woke up. Can't start now have an appointment shortly.

My Led's were left on all day and now all night (**** timer) and since I fell asleep the light on my 10's were on all day and all night.

I WILL....I WILL...I WILL get it done today. Am turning off all phones, closing blinds and locking doors so NO ONE knows I am home and not at work. Geez LOL

2 Missed calls and 3 texts on my phone last night too. Guess I needed the sleep, cause when I'm not at work someone always wants something.

So am now rested up and can go to my appointment, come home and dive in.

Would anyone mind giving me some ideas how to combine a sump, refugium, and algae scrubber into one? I don't understand the sections or how to do any of them yet. Flow path through sump and stuff like that I still need to read up on. I have a 20 gallon I would be using, unless I use 2 10 gallons, I think 2 10 gallons would fit under my stand. I have a 40 breeder but I'd rather not use it.

Thanks ya'll. Soon as 75 is back together I'll post some pics. Gotta delete some first and gotta delete some pms too in case anyone wants to pm me.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #1793
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sandbed Question

I have about a 3 inch sandbed. How far down should I push my rock into the sand so that the aquascaping doesn't topple over from burrowers and such?

Thanks.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 01-20-2012, 03:05 PM   #1794
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Best case scenario is to put the rock in first. But otherwise get it as far down as you can.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #1795
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just be careful not to push too hard. Might crack the glass, trust me it's easier than you think.
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:19 PM   #1796
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks, I thought I should have it as close to the glass as possible. I didn't actually mean "push" lol, I'll move a patch of sand, put the rock down in it and put the sand around it then.

I'm gonna use a small bucket of ro water to clean some of the rock in, since some of it has hair algae on it.

I'm gonna take my corals (the babies-that are in the 10g qt), and put them in a container of THEIR water then glue them and put them back in the same container, then acclimate them to my 75 gal.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #1797
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy
Last night I had planned on putting my 75 gal back together, except I got home bout 6:30, fed and let the dog out. Next thing I knew it was 6 am. I must have been exhausted cause I never woke up. Can't start now have an appointment shortly.

My Led's were left on all day and now all night (**** timer) and since I fell asleep the light on my 10's were on all day and all night.

I WILL....I WILL...I WILL get it done today. Am turning off all phones, closing blinds and locking doors so NO ONE knows I am home and not at work. Geez LOL

2 Missed calls and 3 texts on my phone last night too. Guess I needed the sleep, cause when I'm not at work someone always wants something.

So am now rested up and can go to my appointment, come home and dive in.

Would anyone mind giving me some ideas how to combine a sump, refugium, and algae scrubber into one? I don't understand the sections or how to do any of them yet. Flow path through sump and stuff like that I still need to read up on. I have a 20 gallon I would be using, unless I use 2 10 gallons, I think 2 10 gallons would fit under my stand. I have a 40 breeder but I'd rather not use it.

Thanks ya'll. Soon as 75 is back together I'll post some pics. Gotta delete some first and gotta delete some pms too in case anyone wants to pm me.
I would suggest delaying the algae scrubber until later as those tend to be stand alone units, unless you build something custom. A solid sump and refugium with a skimmer and plenty of live rock should do you for a long while. The scrubber can be added once the tank is fully stocked and there is a need for it, unless you want to experiment, at which time there are several designs I can suggest. All of them take up some room and need intense lighting (although the light is concentrated to a small area).
Old 01-21-2012, 04:17 AM   #1798
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm sooooo sore. LOL
Old 01-21-2012, 03:28 PM   #1799
Aquarium Advice Addict

Anything I need to do to keep these guys health while I get this mini cycle over?

Old 01-22-2012, 11:08 AM   #1800
Aquarium Advice Addict

All you can really do is hope. If it lasts a long time you could do water changes daily but it will prolong the cycle by a lot.

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com