Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-29-2012, 06:06 PM   #1851
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell View Post
Fixed it

Kewl Beanies. I opened it in another tab. It works. I'll go check it out in a little bit.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:15 AM   #1852
Aquarium Advice Addict

All's Good

Everybody is finally in the 20G. Gluing Ricordia's and Polyps to disc's is not an easy task. I try not to touch the corals and I end up touching the whole thing. How the heck can you glue these things without touching them especially when you gotta kinda push them into the glue. I have 3 different tweezers but there was hardly anything underneath to grab onto.

LOL, well they are all done and inside the 20G, I would have taken pictures but I turned out the lights and fed so everyone's stress level's would peter out. (Like mine lol).

The first one's I put in are already opening back up. I will take pictures tomorrow when I turn the lights on.

Everyone else is doing good I think. The Elegance hasn't opened up normally yet, only has a little and his tentacles are pretty short right now. The Coco Worm is undressing everytime I turn around, he decided to throw some of his shell on the bottom of the tank I guess. And he's still out looking around. I think I should call him The Streak , whistle. LOL Ok that shows my age.

So I'm done messing in that tank for now. Tomorrow, back to cutting up pvc and stuff.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 01-30-2012, 07:28 AM   #1853
Aquarium Advice Addict

I was given an amazing tip about gluing frags. Use a small ball of epoxy and turn it into a cylinder. Make sure your hands and the putty is wet. Use super glue on one of the ends and stick it on the frag. Stick the other end on the rock you want it on. It stays where you want if and drys fast.
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:53 PM   #1854
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry no pic

Sorry no pics right now, I can't get my phone to turn on and my only other camera doesn't have a card in it and I can't find it LOL.

Sad to say my Peppermint Shrimp died. He was doing fine last night, no heavy breathing or anything, I watched and used my magnifying glass on everything in that 20G last night before bed and all was well at 1:30am. So I don't know what happened other than this morning I turned on one set of lights and there was my Cardinal with something hanging out of it's mouth. I got my phone and tried to turn it on to get a pic and well that didn't happen.

I didn't know at the time it was my shrimp. I turned my back and what ever was in his mouth was gone, then I saw the remainder of the shrimp near the power head. From the "neck" back is what was near the power head so I am assuming the Cardinal had the head and whatever else in its mouth.

Man I feel like no matter what I do, something is picking off my livestock one by one just to torture me and teach me a lesson. GRRRR.

I fed them good last night too. Ugg. I think I may have gotten a little glue on some of the fleshy parts of my Ricordias but won't know til they expand like they had before.

Off to call the phone company, find out what's wrong with my Droid. Pics to come as soon as I can get a working camera.

Have a great day all, and thanks for following.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #1855
Aquarium Advice Addict

Pic Time :-)

Here are a few pictures. They are clear on my phone, just not as clear on the pc. You can see new tentacles forming on my Coco also, least I think they are.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:59 PM   #1856
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have to delete some pics to add more. Over my quota.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #1857
Aquarium Advice Addict

More pics

Here's a few more pic's.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #1858
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

You should use photobucket to upload your pictures. Then you just paste the link to the picture in your thread and there are no limits.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:13 PM   #1859
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm very jealous of your firefish and ricordea. All of them are cool though.
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #1860
Aquarium Advice Freak

I like when people post with photobucket cause sometimes I can't enlarge a pic from my phone, but I can always click the link.

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com