Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #1911
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote

Turned 60 last Sunday....groan. At least I don't have to ask permission to buy a fish. But last time I checked I was 24.
Wow ., we are old farts huh? .... You know , all things considered , I'm happy that I've lived in the times that we did., rotary phones, rabbit ears , party lines etc... It's amazing the amount of progress thats been made since 1952, it's really neat to have seen and lived thru all the changes.., both good and bad ., imo ,the younger folks have really missed a lot of the simpler times that will probably never be able to happen again., I wouldn't have changed it for the world.
Even in the aquarium world the changes have been dramatic .,, sorry Buffy for a little kidnapping of your thread but Greg started it !! Lol ... At this time I will relinquish my soap box and give you back control of your thread

Old 02-16-2012, 05:23 PM   #1912
Aquarium Advice Addict

You guys are making me feel like a spring chicken. 52 here. But Dary, you are right about the things the "Kids" have missed out on. All time number one in my book..........................Moon Landing! Tell me you didn't run outside that night, look up at the moon and say to yourself, "Wow, there are people walking up there right now".

Old 02-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #1913
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnelson99
You guys are making me feel like a spring chicken. 52 here. But Dary, you are right about the things the "Kids" have missed out on. All time number one in my book..........................Moon Landing! Tell me you didn't run outside that night, look up at the moon and say to yourself, "Wow, there are people walking up there right now".
I remember going out at night and looking for "Sputnik' with the family !!!
Old 02-16-2012, 07:43 PM   #1914
Aquarium Advice Addict

But you didn't have iPods back then... Lol
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:07 PM   #1915
Aquarium Advice Addict

I went outside at one time and looked up and said "Wow, there are people out there" LMAO,

Dary - Did you by post what LED's you got somewhere in your thread? I only got 2 stunner strips for now because I feel like I'd be throwing away 350+ dollars that I spent on my light less than a year ago. That bothers me alot. Each strip was 100 so hindsight, theres 600 plus on lights, I could've spend on LED's. I'm finding it hard to decide on what I need, whether it's pumps, heaters or whatever because I keep feeling like I'm throwing money away. I haven't used my phosphate reactor since I got it but 2 times and each time was only for a few days, cause I'd have the dang valve wide open and I still didn't get a ripple in the phosphate reactor. Friggen waste. I'm still ticked about it. So it just sits in the closet collecting dust.

I fed my corals last night before work and came home and my Favia has what looks like white fuzzy's over about 1/2 of him. I quite make it out.

Does any one know a link that I can read. I've searched for the past 4 hours and I can't find a dang thing.

Thanks all.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:08 PM   #1916
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell View Post
But you didn't have iPods back then... Lol

Pen and paper worked just fine.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:29 PM   #1917
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy
I went outside at one time and looked up and said "Wow, there are people out there" LMAO,

Dary - Did you by post what LED's you got somewhere in your thread? I only got 2 stunner strips for now because I feel like I'd be throwing away 350+ dollars that I spent on my light less than a year ago. That bothers me alot. Each strip was 100 so hindsight, theres 600 plus on lights, I could've spend on LED's. I'm finding it hard to decide on what I need, whether it's pumps, heaters or whatever because I keep feeling like I'm throwing money away. I haven't used my phosphate reactor since I got it but 2 times and each time was only for a few days, cause I'd have the dang valve wide open and I still didn't get a ripple in the phosphate reactor. Friggen waste. I'm still ticked about it. So it just sits in the closet collecting dust.

I fed my corals last night before work and came home and my Favia has what looks like white fuzzy's over about 1/2 of him. I quite make it out.

Does any one know a link that I can read. I've searched for the past 4 hours and I can't find a dang thing.

Thanks all.
Yes., yesterday as a matter of fact,....they're "stark" 60 watt Cree dim able units 10 whites ,10 blues 3 watt each bulb,... Each unit was a little pricey at about $400 each ,...I've got 3 units for my tank ( 135 gal )...... They work beautiful,....however you might wanna contact Greg or Doug ,they probably can steer you into a good unit for much less cost,....this is just what I personally chose for my tank.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:35 PM   #1918
Aquarium Advice Addict

I know a good led unit for a 75g tank that are $170 each but cant find the link.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:11 PM   #1919
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

-120W-Aquarium-Coral-Reef-Tank-White-Blue-LED-Grow-Light-White-/180810632901 on eBay
Old 02-18-2012, 12:24 AM   #1920
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote
-120W-Aquarium-Coral-Reef-Tank-White-Blue-LED-Grow-Light-White-/180810632901 on eBay
Yep that one. Get them now and sell the stunner strips and t5s to get your money back

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com