Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-18-2012, 11:29 PM   #1931
Aquarium Advice Addict

I've been watching videos of diy fixtures and might have a go at one. I'm going to be wasting money though.. I could spend it on so many other Important things.

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:13 AM   #1932
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421

Wow ., we are old farts huh? .... You know , all things considered , I'm happy that I've lived in the times that we did., rotary phones, rabbit ears , party lines etc... It's amazing the amount of progress thats been made since 1952, it's really neat to have seen and lived thru all the changes.., both good and bad ., imo ,the younger folks have really missed a lot of the simpler times that will probably never be able to happen again., I wouldn't have changed it for the world.
Even in the aquarium world the changes have been dramatic .,, sorry Buffy for a little kidnapping of your thread but Greg started it !! Lol ... At this time I will relinquish my soap box and give you back control of your thread
I'm only 27, but luckily we were poor enough to enjoy these simpler things. I totally agree

Old 02-20-2012, 09:01 PM   #1933
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell View Post
I've been watching videos of diy fixtures and might have a go at one. I'm going to be wasting money though.. I could spend it on so many other Important things.
I've been watching videos too LOL, doesn't look hard. But I agree I'm gonna waste more money LOL.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:06 PM   #1934
Aquarium Advice Addict

Its just that if you mess one up, It affects more than just one. You have to buy spare just in case. And those cost a pretty penny..
Old 02-21-2012, 12:03 AM   #1935
Aquarium Advice Addict

Diver's Den

So Saturday is coming up. LiveAquaria aka Diver's Den aka Drs. Foster & Smith (LOL) is having one of the tours. I received another email from them, I was hoping I could take pictures and so they said in the email that pictures were welcome and to be sure to share them with your clubs. Well AA is my club so, I will see if I can borrow a camera since mine doesn't work, otherwise I will do the best I can with my Droid 3.

I can't wait, I am soooo excited to see the facilities. I tried once before when I was up there but :-( guess I'm not a good salesman lol.

I want to buy so many different things, but my tank is not up to it nor is my checkbook. THIS IS GONNA BE TORTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 02-21-2012, 12:19 AM   #1936
Aquarium Advice Freak

Lol I hear you. There is a big frag meeting on Atlanta this weekend. I really want to go, but I hate to drive in ATL and, well, I've been spending way too much on my fish and corals.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:42 AM   #1937
Aquarium Advice Addict

You could see if they would trade you! Solves every problem but driving!
Old 02-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #1938
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTrash View Post
Lol I hear you. There is a big frag meeting on Atlanta this weekend. I really want to go, but I hate to drive in ATL and, well, I've been spending way too much on my fish and corals.
I helped frag a bunch of the coral they will be giving away free. There is some really nice stuff. Anyone who attends will go home happy.

The event is free to the public and no need to be a member. You really should come. Whats a little road rage anyway. heheheheheh
Old 02-23-2012, 01:05 AM   #1939
Aquarium Advice Addict

Small update

My Elegance seems to be doing a little better.....knock on wood!!!!hehe. Anyway he was almost completely drawn away from his shell with just center of him there and what wasn't attached to the shell was kinda flopping in the current.

He's expanding a little now, his tentacles are still stubby, but it appears his is beginning to fill his shell out again.

Just gonna keep my fingers crossed, maybe he will come back also.

My Encrusted horn, came back completely......however he didn't die but now instead of a neon green type color, he's more of a deep hunter green that's almost brown. Hopefully he will get his color back too, but he's not skeleton anymore.

I need so much, and I know if I order I can pick stuff up, but dang it why does what I need and want have to be at like 10 different stores LOL.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:11 AM   #1940
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's great news!! Glad to hear everything is going swell. If you are going to buy new coral though, try and get the nicer and easier ones first such as green star polyps and some ricordia, or hairy mushrooms, maybe even a long tentacle toadstool. The last 2 are a wavy type or coral do I'm sure you would like it.

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com