Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-28-2011, 09:54 PM   #191
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
Now Now,There's no crying in Baseball. It's not enough light for corals it may support some low light corals Rics. or mushrooms It's not a bad light but it's not the best light for some things
Can you make some H brackets to mount the light on, you mount the brackets same way as there mounts then attach theres to them
Uhmm, how to make H brackets? I take it they are shaped like the letter H lol, but that's as far as I can manage.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:56 PM   #192
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
Remember...this is suppose to be fun. Many challenges is what the hobby is about. Otherwise, we would collect stamps.

It is fun (sorta) it's the can's of worms that keep opening. LOL. And no I won't collect stamps, my mother used to collect Green Stamps, and coupons, and we had food stamps too. I'll collect coins instead (that I could spend of course).

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 06-28-2011, 09:59 PM   #193
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith View Post
Makes two of us.

Whew, thank goodness I'm not the only one then.

How do you do multiple quotes or part quotes so I don't have to post so many messages, I could just do it in one. I don't want to be rude and not reply to anyone. You've all been so helpful and and and ready.......uplifting. Thank you.

Now will someone tell my pooch to help me out please LMAO.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:32 PM   #194
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy

How do you do multiple quotes or part quotes so I don't have to post so many messages, I could just do it in one. I don't want to be rude and not reply to anyone. You've all been so helpful and and and ready.......uplifting. Thank you.

The pup can help out! Have him lick the frozen food till it thaws out.... muhahaha
Old 06-28-2011, 10:35 PM   #195
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy

So where are you at? Still cycling im not saying im not following the thread I belive your still cycling but much like careys threads its become hard to follow g darn forum monkeys!
Old 06-29-2011, 12:46 AM   #196
Aquarium Advice Addict

50 lbs base in tank and 50ish to go :-)

LOL, No I'm not cycling yet.

I am finally putting my rock in tonite, I have about 1/2 of it in and been working steady for about 4 hours, kinda hard to see cause so cloudy with all the stirring up I'm doing. Water not high enough to run filter yet to help clear it up. Hope to have a pic of my aquascaping tonite, or more accurately in the morning cause it'll probably take another 3 or four hours. For this time anyway LOL, always room for changes.

Question for anyone......

How far down from the water level should the rock be? I don't know how high to place the various corals and such yet so a rough idea would be great.

Thanks

Old 06-29-2011, 12:50 AM   #197
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I have rock going up to 75% of the height of the back wall in places. And some in front of that that isn't as high. Gives me different levels to place different light corals.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:00 AM   #198
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
I have rock going up to 75% of the height of the back wall in places. And some in front of that that isn't as high. Gives me different levels to place different light corals.
Thanks. I've been kinda working from higher in back to lower in front and trying to make a lagoon type opening/cave opening. Trying to leave bout 3" in front for swimming and the "lagoons/caves" to swim in and out. Trying to leave a couple of "caves" open in various areas that they can swim through.

Is that 75% from sand to water level, or glass bottom to water level?

Old 06-29-2011, 01:01 AM   #199
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Sounds like a plan. I have a neat overhang that the tangs love to swim through. Once you like it dont worry, you'll change your mind. LOL
Old 06-29-2011, 01:15 AM   #200
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Sounds like a plan. I have a neat overhang that the tangs love to swim through. Once you like it dont worry, you'll change your mind. LOL

LOL, Already changing as I go. Taking a break to read through and let water settle a little. Want to get more rock in before I add the last little bit of RO/DI I have cause I don't want to "overflow", especially since I don't have an overflow or sump yet.

So for the last 2 hours or so, I've been aquascaping by feel lol, since can't see. Let's "see" how I did when it clears hehehe, this aught to be funny.

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com