Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-05-2012, 01:47 PM   #1991
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Aww I love the firefish! Mine is never out of his rock, wish he'd be more social like yours. lol

And can i say, holy purple batman! You have some serious coralline going on in that tank! Everything looks happy and healthy though so thats a good thing.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #1992
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks don't ask me how it's doing, cause I've not a clue, I guess they are just taking care of them selves. Right now, I'm topping off when I remember, feeding about every 2 days when I remember, Turning the lights on OR off if I remember. I dont' even remember the last pwc, over a month now, I think, heck idk. I'm going around in circles so much I've no clue about anything any more. Maybe I should crawl into the tank with them, I don't know if they are all happy though, Mr. Purple with his color face makes him look like he's ticked off and ready for a fight all the time.

Kewl idea.....Maybe Mr. Purple and I can change places. LOL not, wish I could just though.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #1993
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

You sound down Buffy, please don't be.

Just look at your happy critters and smile inside because you've done a great job with them.

How are you coming as far as moving everyone and being "finished" so to speak?
Old 04-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #1994
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

My purple firefish is very proud of himself and stays front and center almost all day. His only enemy is a purple pseudocromis.

Why are you manually turning lights on and off? I will send you a timer if that would help.
You have come a long way kid...I must admit, in the beginning I was worried about you, but you seem to have persevered.
Keep your chin up... Life is good if you can stand all the pot holes.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:23 PM   #1995
Aquarium Advice Addict

cheer up buffy, your an inspiration to me. just take a look at your tank and you know its worth it.

if you are thinking its getting a little too much for you to take care of, try automating it a little more. a few light timers, ato, things like that. if you really want to get things done easily, get a apex controller. you can control things from your computer!
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:35 AM   #1996
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks everyone, it's just well nevermind.

I have a timer but it's a hassle so I'm not using it til everyone gets moved.

I have the tank full of water, 2 heaters and 3 pumps cause I'm mixing water in the tank since there's nothing in it.

I'm hoping to start to cycle tonite, if I have enough salt in that is, otherwise about 12 hours after I hit 35 salinity to be sure it's mixed and test to verify it's where I want it then cycle. I'm hoping they will be moved this week then I start working on the building the sump.

I'm going down to madison today 2 1/2 hour drive or so to a fish store down there I had found. They have lots of coral too so I may buy something.....been spending too much...supposed to make you feel good with your new...whatever..not me, heck I don't even look in the bag when I get home.

Talk about shopping, one of my Fire Shrimp horded food in it's claws (?) last night, and when one got lose he snatched it up fast and held on to it. I swear he acted like one of my brothers who puts his arms around his plate like some one was gonna take his food.....that's what he did, wish I had a video of it. I actually got a chuckle from it, first one in weeks.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 04-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #1997
Aquarium Advice Addict

my fire shrimp does some weird stuff too. when i put my anywhere near his little cove, he goes rambo and crawls up my and trying to eat my thumb.
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:01 AM   #1998
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell View Post
my fire shrimp does some weird stuff too. when i put my anywhere near his little cove, he goes rambo and crawls up my and trying to eat my thumb.

LOL that's funny.

Ok so I had a shopping spree today.

I bought my spring time cycling gear and I bought 3 leather corals, 3 gobies and ok ok yell at me, my daughter talked me into it....A green mandarin. Gonna cost me an arm, a leg and then some to keep it fed. I did see him eat mysis (sp) shrimp while I was there.

I gotta finish acclimating them and get them into quarantine and then dip the corals. I'm exhausted (yipee sleep no dreams or stress) and broke.

I got some cool pictures of my fire fish and fire shrimp. Got the staring contest shot and got my fire shrimp hording a veggie round.

Old 04-07-2012, 03:51 AM   #1999
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy

LOL that's funny.

Ok so I had a shopping spree today.

I bought my spring time cycling gear and I bought 3 leather corals, 3 gobies and ok ok yell at me, my daughter talked me into it....A green mandarin. Gonna cost me an arm, a leg and then some to keep it fed. I did see him eat mysis (sp) shrimp while I was there.

I gotta finish acclimating them and get them into quarantine and then dip the corals. I'm exhausted (yipee sleep no dreams or stress) and broke.

I got some cool pictures of my fire fish and fire shrimp. Got the staring contest shot and got my fire shrimp hording a veggie round.
Nice pickups. I can't wait to see the 75g put together with the coral.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #2000
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahim View Post
Nice pickups. I can't wait to see the 75g put together with the coral.

I second that. LOL. I just started the cycle on the 75 this morning , hopefully won't take too long but I'm not counting on it.

Little guys in QT are not eating :-(

The 3 corals are opening up.

Pictures soon.

Gosh I still gotta buy stuff......Anyone know where I can get a decent quantity of LIVE copepods for a decent price? (I lost all my books marks and having to start that over too).

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com