Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-21-2012, 01:15 PM   #2031
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsea View Post
Did you find him yet?

My best guess is that your fish is just being tricky and found a great spot in the rock.
No I haven't found him yet. If he did hide in a hole, he hid very well and is now in DT. I now have a Mandarin, Randall Goby, Yellow forehead goby, 3 crabs, Frogspawn coral, Finger coral, and a Green Eyed Yellow Skirt Zoa and a whole bottle of Reef Pods in my DT tank. WOOHOO! Am gonna add 3 or 4 more corals to my DT tonite along with another bottle.

Plexiglass is all cut for my sump, need to file edges yet. guess I need to order a filter sock and holder plus a protein skimmer, some algae and a ton of pods. then hopefully off for plumbing stuff.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:16 PM   #2032
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nothing special going on, still no sign of the one goby, oh well.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 04-29-2012, 04:13 PM   #2033
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry for your loss, I know that it is frustrating.
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #2034
Aquarium Advice Addict

He might've jumped. My wrasse did that to me one time but luckily I found him. He was fine after, not stressed at all.

Sorry man, hopefully you find him.
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:36 AM   #2035
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell View Post
He might've jumped. My wrasse did that to me one time but luckily I found him. He was fine after, not stressed at all.

Sorry man, hopefully you find him.
Thanks ya'll.

Didn't you just buy some led's if xo what did you buy?

Old 04-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #2036
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yep, here's my vid review.

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:50 PM   #2037
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks, Uhm I don't think he did the suicide leap cause I've cleaned everywhere and vacuumed, nothing nada zilch.

I'm finally ordering a protein skimmer and a filter sock holder and sock. Plexiglass is all cut, waiting for skimmer to figure out the layout/dimensions.

Am so glad I got into the Group Buy, I didn't one to wait another month but I would have. I saved 20.00 on skimmer, 10% on the sock holder and 10% on the sock.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #2038
Aquarium Advice Addict

Smile Clean up crew and an update

I am trying to figure out a clean up crew. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I've got almost everyone back in the 75 G. I'm taking my time. When I get everyone in, I will get some pictures, though I am thinking it is going to be a couple days. I finally got the right hand side rock to stop falling down, I feel a little more comfortable putting everyone back now. Except I am getting hair algae growing.

It doesn't help when I only have 2 crabs in there, well maybe one now, I was moving a rock last night and some claws fell out. ugg. The 20G has 1 large turbo, 1 or 2 snails and 2 or 3 crabs. I didn't start out with many as the LFS didn't have much in that dept.

Still in the 20G, I have the Fire Fish, 2 Spotted Cardinals, 2 Fire Shrimp, 1 Blue Tuxedo Urchin (which looks like a walking trash can) 1 zoa and 4 Acorpora left (had to break a big one down, they keep going white for some reason) and 2 pieces of rock that I hope I can find a place for. Everyone else is in 75G.

Still no sign of the one Sleeper Goby, the other one is doing find and stays under a rock most of the time. The Randall Goby, finds a spot and just stares, doesn't hardly move, he looks like a statue, my Mandardin is okay so far, every night the lights go out he swims up and down the right side of the tank and trys to suicide jump and smacks himself on the egg crate a couple of times, but he doesn't hit it that much considering how many splashes I hear and see everynite. LOL Maybe he's trying to knock him self silly, ohhhh wait, he already is silly LMAO.

Thanks.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #2039
Aquarium Advice Addict

Maybe order a CUC from reef cleaners. I got my CUC for my 75g for $30 and they were a great help
Old 05-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #2040
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahim View Post
Maybe order a CUC from reef cleaners. I got my CUC for my 75g for $30 and they were a great help

Thanks, I saw they had a custom section, so I used that to see what they would suggest, there are so many different that I've gotten lost.

Needmorecowbell - Finally got a chance to look at your video, thank you, it was a great help. Was that from overseas? I'm kinda leary ordering outside the states. Least here I can drive there (at some point) and give them a piece of my mind lol.

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com