Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-05-2012, 01:25 PM   #2041
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I also wou;ld go with reefcleaners for a clean up crew. Just be warned they really really go overboard as far as number of inverts. I usually order a crew for half the actual water volume.

Glad you are almost done getting everything done, it's been a LONG LONG journey Buffy but you're almost there. Then you just have to start the next journey of upgrading or redoing stuff. LOL j/k ( i hope)

Old 05-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #2042
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy

Thanks, I saw they had a custom section, so I used that to see what they would suggest, there are so many different that I've gotten lost.

Needmorecowbell - Finally got a chance to look at your video, thank you, it was a great help. Was that from overseas? I'm kinda leary ordering outside the states. Least here I can drive there (at some point) and give them a piece of my mind lol.
It came from china, but shipping was free and it came in less than a week.

I got my stuff from reef cleaners. John is a beast, you should buy from him if you need a cuc. I asked for 20 ceriths and ended up with about 150 lol. Same goes for about everything else I ordered.

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #2043
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think John is lazy and doesn't like to count. When you order 10 of something he just throws in 10 scoops.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #2044
Aquarium Advice Addict

Haha ya, counting ten of those things for a few hundred orders would probably get monotonous.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #2045
Aquarium Advice Addict

LOL ya'll are funny. Thanks Carey, you ALMOST scared me away with the forewarding of ONLY having to upgrade LOL.

Reef Cleaners it is. Am waiting to hear back from them on what they think I should get.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #2046
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here is John's recommendation. Anyone want to input....add/change/delete?

40 Dwarf Ceriths - small effective cleaners
16 Nassarius
17 Florida Ceriths
14 Assorted Hermits
9 Large Nerite and 7 Small to medium Nerites
2 Emerald Crabs

Thanks

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #2047
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would only get one emerald crab. I've heard that they have Territory issues
Old 05-06-2012, 01:52 PM   #2048
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here is the guide I used:

http://www.azfishkeeping.com/content.php?c_id=83

Also, I have two emeralds in my 54 with no issues so far - been almost a year. JME.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #2049
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I have several emeralds in each of my tanks and have not had any issues.

The cuc list is a full one in my opinion. I think it will work, just be careful of the hermits. I would get some empty shells for them so they have a less likely chance to kill the others for their shells. Darn hermits. lol

The nassarius snails you wont see until feeding time and the nerites will stay at the top of the tank near the rim all day. The nerites are very effective at getting the line of algae near the sand bed and the glass, I have a ton of nerites for that reason.

The dwarf ceriths are great tiny cleaners, they wont be seen much during the day but at lights at they will seem to be everywhere. lol

Hope that helps buffy!
Old 05-06-2012, 02:00 PM   #2050
Aquarium Advice Addict

I agree with Carey on all counts. I got 3 emeralds back in August. I knew one didn't make it but suspected another had also parished until I upgraded from my 45 to my 125 a week ago. Found two of them. I love the nassarius. I put in an order on a group buy that should arrive on Tues and I added a couple more emeralds. Love those guys.

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com