Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #2061
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lol I think everyone hates it... Maybe even plumbers.

I just used vinyl with a small amount of PVC for valves/ attaching things.

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:52 PM   #2062
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I never did mind doing any of the plumbing,...it gives you some options as to having " control" over how everything is setup and works for you,.... thinking it out a little can really pay dividends later ,.. Also doing the plumbing means your getting pretty close to getting everything up and running. . .... Go get'em Buffy!!!!

Old 05-11-2012, 09:35 PM   #2063
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yep it is really exciting at least! I put a few unions on it so I can take it apart easily. I haven't needed to use Teflon tape yet, but I probably should've..
Old 05-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #2064
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I gotta say I was absolutely PETRIFIED to do my plumbing the first time around. Now, after plumbing my third tank I gotta say I really really enjoy it.

I am so weird, I know, lol, but it's a fun day setting everything up and using the pvc cement and plumbers tape, makes me really feel like I'm getting some stuff done.

if you need any help Buffy we are here for ya! What skimmer do you have to fit in the sump, which return pump do you have and what's your sock setup? Double input into the sock, 7" sock, corner mount or across the back?
Old 05-13-2012, 11:39 AM   #2065
Aquarium Advice Addict

You should use the plumbers tape everywhere except compression fittings (which I don't think are even made in pvc). It really helps seal the threads.
scottayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #2066
Aquarium Advice Addict

Got my cuc in, they are in the tank and the tank is soooo filthy, don't know if they can clean it up before some of my corals get smothered.

So USPS has gotten on my *&$( list again. My cuc box looks like someone dropkicked it across the state of Wisconsin, ok ok, maybe it was trying to make it self down to Florida. Grrr. I need to find some time to take those pictures to USPS and complain.

I'm a little disappointed in the packaging too, I mean they are "only" snails" but still they are alive and they cost money, one bag lost it's water, a few bags of water with critters. Box had a few sheets of paper on the bottom and a few on the top kinda tucked around. Plenty of movement space, not a single peanut or bubble wrap. I'm not sure I want to order again.

My tank is sooo filthy oh I said that already. So my sump needs to get done. 20G I don't think is going to cut it but I don't want to go any bigger. I have the plexiglass cut ready to be sealed but not an inch in there where I can place them and still have a fuge.

I have the Danner Mag 7 for a return pump. (Can pods go through the sponge on the pump?)

I have the Reef Octopus NW-150 and the sock is a HOB 4" single.

Everything is in the 20G Long with jeez no room for fuge or to "mess around", unless I'm looking at this all wrong.

Anyone got a clue to what I'm doing LOL.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #2067
Aquarium Advice Addict

I was wondering about the sponge with my mag too. It seems like the pods are getting stuck for me.

I have had problems with shipping with cuc too, but they arrive fine, I'm sure if will be the same for you. If you have any problems, give John an email, he is a big help. They might look dead in the tank for a few days but they aren't! Mine survived in the winter and is keeping my tank very clean
Old 05-18-2012, 09:00 PM   #2068
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell View Post
I was wondering about the sponge with my mag too. It seems like the pods are getting stuck for me.

I have had problems with shipping with cuc too, but they arrive fine, I'm sure if will be the same for you. If you have any problems, give John an email, he is a big help. They might look dead in the tank for a few days but they aren't! Mine survived in the winter and is keeping my tank very clean
I'm gonna let him know (send him a pic) of what we get. He pays for that service, there is no reason they should treat the packages the way they do. He's not paying for broken boxes.

CUC are fine but that one dent was close and one bag was empty of water, thank goodness he put a wet paper towel in there. They were all stuck to that. But pretty much all are moving around, some not yet. Not worried though.

I'm gonna post pic of my "sump" to be later tonite, maybe someone can help me out with it. Thank for following ya'll.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 05-18-2012, 09:14 PM   #2069
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

[QUOTE="Buffy"]

I'm gonna let him know (send him a pic) of what we get. He pays for that service, there is no reason they should treat the packages the way they do. He's not paying for broken boxes.

CUC are fine but that one dent was close and one bag was empty of water, thank goodness he put a wet paper towel in there. They were all stuck to that. But pretty much all are moving around, some not yet. Not worried though.

You go girl !!!!
Old 05-19-2012, 01:07 AM   #2070
Aquarium Advice Addict

[QUOTE=Dary421;1947571]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy

You go girl !!!!

LOL, it just ticked me off, how rude of them, calling post office tomorrow too, no wait, I'll go in.

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com