Buffy's 1st Ever SW Build - Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That helps a lot :)
So there are two replaceable parts? The filter/cartridge for RO and the DI resin?
Edit| Sorry, don't mean to hijack your thread! Really glad your doggie is well. I have a pug :) I love the little bugger.

You're not hijacking. I've been trying to fix my kitchen sink since noon and I'm still not done. I needed a break. I have 3 more faucets to fix too. Grrr I hate plumbing.

Buffy said:
Yes. I believe I saw where you can buy "bulk" for the resin. But whatever you do....when you change the resin DON'T SPILL!!!! You will slip on your butt and hurt something. The little beads are real slippery if there are enough on the floor. Honestly take my word for it, I've slipped on it at work (course it was more quantity than home) but the amount in that resin canister would make for a disaster in a small area.

Bulkreefsupply.com is where I bought my RODI unit and they do sell the bulk resin.....and I managed to replace replace the beads without slipping on my hinnie either.... :)

Bulkreefsupply.com is where I bought my RODI unit and they do sell the bulk resin.....and I managed to replace replace the beads without slipping on my hinnie either.... :)

Yay!!!!! No hinnie's need hurting here. LOL

Dead Spots

I have each AquaClear 50 positioned at the left and right back corners hanging on the back lip pointing toward front center glass.

My sand is separating in the front middle down to bare glass. How do you know if you have dead spots and where they are?

P.S. Haven't been to bed yet.... Have 2 out of 4 sinks finally repaired and hopefully no leaks from those two. Now 2 more to go. I don't have to use my tub faucet anymore :)

Try pointing them upwards and towards each others flow. You want the flows to crash on each other. Plus you want as much surface agitation as you can get. :)

Try pointing them upwards and towards each others flow. You want the flows to crash on each other. Plus you want as much surface agitation as you can get. :)

I won't be able to move them up much, maybe 1/2" before I run out of lip/back to hold it in place. (heck what is that border thing called).

The trim piece? Did it come with a suction cup mount, maybe you can place them higher? I'm pretty sure it doesnt adjust upwards unfortunately.

Yes comes with suction mount. However if I use the suction mount then I would actually have to lower the ph for it to attach to the glass. Let me try to get a picture for you.

So how do you know if you have any deadspots? Are there any telltale signs? I wanna try to make sure I don't have any when the time comes to give some fishies a new home :)

What alot of people do is use purple up. It's a milky color and when you put in it you can see EXACTLY where the water flows. Also might work with flake food, you can see where it goes and if it drops to a spot and stays there, you got yourself a dead spot. :)

LOL

Here's a few pics.

Excuse the fly away hairs. If I raise them up any higher, I will have more salt creep too won't I?

What alot of people do is use purple up. It's a milky color and when you put in it you can see EXACTLY where the water flows. Also might work with flake food, you can see where it goes and if it drops to a spot and stays there, you got yourself a dead spot. :)

LOL

Do you think these two pw's are enough for now? I mean we know I'm gonna try to do a sump and stuff but that has to wait.

I'll be back in a bit, gotta get the trash out before trashman comes, my can is full as I've been cleaning out garage LOL.

Oh, I see the PH you have now. I had one too. You can only move the flow from left to right not up and down. :-(

Was there an attachment or anything in the box? I thought they had one that could direct the water flow...lemme go see if I can find it. Not sure if it's for AC's or for koralias but I know I saw something like that somewhere.
lol

Do you think these two pw's are enough for now? I mean we know I'm gonna try to do a sump and stuff but that has to wait.

I'll be back in a bit, gotta get the trash out before trashman comes, my can is full as I've been cleaning out garage LOL.

Personally, I would have gotten 2 koralia 750's but for what you have bought already you should be fine for a bit. You also have waterflow from the filters and will have it from the return pump once you get a sump.

Can you put a PVC elbow on those PH's I had to do that on one of mine i use white teflon tape to get get a snug fit

I'd warn ya against the 1400's unless you have at least a 6 foot tank. LOL I have 2 now in my 125g and the fish just hate it, too much flow I think.

there goin in a 96in lease tank i maintain there's 2 1050 in there now and the flow is weak mabe a blend of the 4 of them? will have to try and see Thanks for the heads up :)

Back
Top Bottom