Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-15-2012, 01:20 AM   #2131
Aquarium Advice Freak

What size is it again

Old 06-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #2132
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krocky12 View Post
What size is it again

75 Gallon with a soon to be 20 Gallon Sump.

Since I have "95" Gallons does that mean I can get fish for that size? I thought it was based on length of tank, size of fish, activity level of fish and such. But I've read that some people have used the 95G as the size tank for the gallons...like when they say minimum 125 tank. I always figured that "125 tank" was 1 tank NOT including sump.

Sorry I rambled, was sure how to put what I was saying/asking.

I guess if you can use the "2 tanks" for total flow then fine but I'm thinking I have a 75 DT and that's it, sump is extra. I want my fish to have room and be happy, not get them just because "they fit".

I don't recall but Foxface was added to my fish list. I have a 55 gallon that may become fish only I'm not sure yet but that will use a fluval and not have a sump.

I'm thinking 40 Gallon Breeder is gonna be for the sea apples and such that can wipe a tank with no fish. That will be a slowwwwwwwwwww moving tank as I want parameters perfect before ANYTHING is added. I want the rock established and all. So my tank will be "sitting" for a few months with nothing but what comes out of the rocks.

Oh and LOL I was gonna do a 10 Gallon with DSB and Rock and nothing else and see what grows LOL. Just let nature take its course I think it would be interesting. Think I'll start that one this week and put it in my kitchen. I would need as natural light as possible, because I don't want to "encourage" anything, I want to be natural. Lights on 12 hours in summer and 8 in winter. Make sense? Any suggestions for this "experiment"?

Last thing.....How does the output of the skimmer work, does it just dump right back in and flow over the baffle? I'm wondering before I put that final baffle in because I don't know if I would need more than one at that end.

If you answer anything...please answer the last one with the skimmer.

Thanks for following.... Partying with....Plenty to go around. When sump is done I'm buying

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #2133
Aquarium Advice Addict

Video

I have a video of my Fire Shrimp on Photobucket I want to share here, can someone tell me how to do it please?

Thank you

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 06-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #2134
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just use the img code like you would a picture.
scottayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:26 PM   #2135
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottayy View Post
Just use the img code like you would a picture.
Thanks but looks like I'm not going to upload it, he passed away not long after the video and about 10 snails were all over him. Grrrrr and he came to me for feeding time too. He had been doing that for a couple days now. I have no clue where the other one is, he was hiding for the longest time though and I saw him the other day. Guess I'll just wait and see if he shows up.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:24 AM   #2136
Aquarium Advice Addict

The other Fire Shrimp has made himself know, he is doing ok.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:30 AM   #2137
Aquarium Advice Addict

Video

Here is a video of my fire shrimp that passed away today. We'll see if this works.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:52 AM   #2138
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy
Here is a video of my fire shrimp that passed away today. We'll see if this works.
Are you sure it wasn't a molt?
Old 06-17-2012, 01:23 AM   #2139
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahim View Post
Are you sure it wasn't a molt?
I thought so at first but no I'm 100% positive as I watched him go. Then the snails covered him.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:15 AM   #2140
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yay for me

Yay for me, finally quit procrastinating and have finished putting the silicone on the sump

I water tested the 3 baffles on the return side and all is good. Now to wait for the final baffle to dry and test that, if it passes I start cementing pvc.

I'm thinking this sump will definitely be done sometime this year. woohoot!!!

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com