Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-23-2012, 01:14 AM   #2201
Aquarium Advice Addict

Did a 25% water change this am, and then did anohter 60% tonite, then I came across a bottle of prime and followed the directions.

Sump is done, return is done (need to drill a hole in the u-tube yet), have some sand in the refugium, need a piece of 1 inch pvc for the skimmer pump....then I'm good to go. WOO HOOT.

If I could only find my cameria. I'll try to take some pictures with my phone before work tomorrow.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:49 AM   #2202
Aquarium Advice Addict

Blue Chromis passed

I lost a Blue Chromis last night. He was breathing a little heavy before I went to sleep and 4 hours later gone. I couldn't stay away and I didn't know what to do.

Everyone else in the QT seems fine.

Today's question for the day..... Do I put an anti-syphon hole in the both the return lines and in the overflow u-tube also?

Thanks, that is the final step to seeing if my sump is going to be up an running.

I have top off to do so am hoping to test the anti-syphon holes while I top off.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 07-25-2012, 07:54 AM   #2203
AA Team Emeritus

Definitely put an anti siphon hole in the returns, just below the working water level. Unless its different than any of the overflow tubes I've used...you do not want an anti siphon hole, that would prevent it from starting back up when the pumps started. I have heard of people drilling the apex of the U-tube and attaching some sort of check valve and some airline tubing to make it a little easier to start up. I think a 2 fr piec of airline tubing will do the same, with no chance of me messing up the U-tube.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:33 PM   #2204
Aquarium Advice Addict

Bye for now

Alot on my plate and I'm not hungry. I won't be typing anything for awhile. **** hit the fan at work today and i got the short end of the stick thanks to the person who set me up, i've been demoted by 2 positons while they let alcholics get away with being drunk and sleeping on the job.

If the house caved in I wouldn't care, just don't let the fishtank and my dog get hurt. Anyway thank you to everyone who has helped me with this hobby. I wish it would just give me the peace I need.

Take care everyone, enjoy life and your tanks.
Buffy

So thank you to everyone who has

Old 07-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #2205
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hang in there Buff-anator You stronger than you think, and tougher than you know

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #2206
Aquarium Advice Activist

Been there too Buff. Wish I could say something that would make you feel better, but don't know what it would be. It doesn't matter anymore that you work hard and do a good job. Hope things get better for you. It didn't for me.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #2207
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

You know Buffy ,..you're still very young and very tough ,..as you get older you'll prob see more and more of this sort of thing but somehow you'll suck it up and get over it,...life's not fair sometimes but you just gotta be a little tougher than it is....take a deep breath and grab the reins,..let's go Buffy you're better than all of this,..now get your butt back on this forum so we can talk..... Your crabs need you!!!
Old 08-03-2012, 01:21 PM   #2208
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks guys.

Anywho, other 2 chromis have been missing over a week now. everyone else is alive and kicking except for 2 more corals. I thought chromis were supposed to be tough. maybe they are just showing me the way out of this mess.

I wouldn't put it past the yellow jawfish to have done something, those suckers attack at anything that comes near there hole they dug.

Can't finish the sump yet. Can't get 2 pipes to fit the valve that came with the esopps. looks like the best way would be to throw away a perfectly good valve and buy one that will fit. . then all i need to do is get up the guts to fill it all up and hope i don't fill up my lving room. don't know when that will be though.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #2209
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sump done

Sump is finally done and all is connected. Can't keep it running though cause having a hard time matching up the inlet and outlet flows and maintain a skimmer level too. Am wondering if my superglue job didn't do the trick, gonna take out the skimmer and put it in ro water and see if that leaks. Forgot to check that. Also had to break my baffles. The water level was too high and couldn't seem to cut them cause they just snapped.....side note, least the water level isn't as high now lmfao.

Still having struggles at work and am comtemplating calling NLRB but I don't think I could handle all the legal junk. It's just wrong. OH Well. Bohica Bill strikes again.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #2210
Aquarium Advice Addict

It's a little tricky at first. You don't really have to match it. The outlet flow is most important. Just adjust it and wait a little bit to see where the water level settles. However fast the return pump pumps out is how fast the overflow is going to bring it back in (unless you're maxing out your overflow).

scottayy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com