Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-11-2012, 06:55 PM   #2221
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy

True, right now I can't auto anything. At least I still enjoy LOOKING at my little mess though.

I just have too much going on at work that has beaten me so far down it has affected my whole life but I'm only gonna be down for the moment. I'll kick back just is gonna take some strength which I don't have yet.
"... Rub some dirt on it" ... It's time to feed the crabs again....... Youve gone this far,..can't stop now !!

Old 08-12-2012, 12:52 AM   #2222
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
Duh me LOL, I realized that was the name while I was riding my bike today. Felt good to get out and feel free again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421 View Post
"... Rub some dirt on it" ... It's time to feed the crabs again....... Youve gone this far,..can't stop now !!
You're mean, rub some dirt yuk. I don't plan on stopping, just keep getting beat down and things go awry on me.

What tangs are good for a 75 gallon? I trust you guys and with my research I'm finding mixed thoughts on them.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:05 AM   #2223
Fish R friends, not food!

I have a tomini in my 75 and he has been great!
spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #2224
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

[QUOTE="Buffy"]

You're mean, rub some dirt yuk. I don't plan on stopping, just keep getting beat down and things go awry on me.

... Lol... Last week I was a sweetheart,..this week I'm a meanie,.:-/ ... Just hoping you can get everything behind you so you can concentrate on the build agin.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:46 AM   #2225
Aquarium Advice Addict

[QUOTE=Dary421;2070032]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy

... Lol... Last week I was a sweetheart,..this week I'm a meanie,.:-/ ... Just hoping you can get everything behind you so you can concentrate on the build agin.

I was smiling when I called you a meanie LOL.

I made up a 10 gallon tank and put the "loose" corals in there so they aren't affected by all the hair algae in there.

Spoonman - How does your Tang like hair algae?

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 08-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #2226
Aquarium Advice Addict

sump overflowed

So I got the all done and ran it today, while adjust the level in the tank was slowly coming up. When I looked it was now at the tippy top of the tank and getting ready to overflow over the sides and ends well I unplugged the pumps and saved it from overflowing......HOWEVER the Sump didn't hold it all and I flooded the cabinet and the floor anyway. Grrrrr,

I'm gonna go mow the lawn. Safer

Old 08-17-2012, 08:52 PM   #2227
Aquarium Advice Addict

You've got too much water in there.
scottayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #2228
Aquarium Advice Addict

Or your pump is set too high if it's sucking all of the water out of the retun compartment and overflowing the tank.
scottayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:22 AM   #2229
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sounds like both Here's how i set up my sumps take most of the water out of the sump let the DT drain down to the bottom of the over flow so no more water drains out then fill the the sump till it's about 2/3 full it wont overflow.You want to just cover all the baffles. Turn on the return pump if the return runs dry then you need to dial back the return pump so the over flows can keep up

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:21 AM   #2230
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
Sounds like both Here's how i set up my sumps take most of the water out of the sump let the DT drain down to the bottom of the over flow so no more water drains out then fill the the sump till it's about 2/3 full it wont overflow.You want to just cover all the baffles. Turn on the return pump if the return runs dry then you need to dial back the return pump so the over flows can keep up

Thanks, I figured I had too much water. My DT didn't drain down to the holes in the return lines (I didn't let it this time) I'm gonna take water out of the DT til just above the holes and see where it gets me on the sump. Then the rest will get dumped.

This time though I'm not gonna run the protein skimmer and return at same time til I have the return situated.

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com