Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-03-2012, 12:29 PM   #2261
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy

I figured that out after I posted lol.

Wondering how to stop tank from overflowing after the power comes back on?
Do you have an anti siphon hole on your return line?

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #2262
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

So youre meaning if the power goes out, your overflow box will drain into the refugium until it breaks siphon, then when the power kicks back on, your return pump starts pushing wter back into the dt but doesnt get any draining from the of box??

huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #2263
AA Team Emeritus

Does your overflow box look similar to this? It's important that the J tube is on the side without the bulkhead so you do not break siphon in your overflow, that's also why you do not want to drill a hole in your j tube.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3806320523.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	116447  

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #2264
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's where the tube is, I simulated again and this time I didn't break the syphon and it worked, now to make it quieter.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #2265
Aquarium Advice Addict

Fish died

So, I ordered 3 fish......a Bicolor Angel, a Royal Gramma, and a Rainsford Goby. Delivered Aug 23rd. Came off nights this weekend and had taken the Bicolor Angel (half gone) out of the tank, I haven't seen the Rainsford Goby since I put him in the tank (don't think I'll ever see that little guy) and I just now realized the Royal Gramma (no sign of him) has gone missing. Grrrrr 2 weeks is all they were here. Not ordering from that place again. I wonder if they had anything to do with my Butterfly dieing.

I quarantined them for a week, slap me now cause to go along with the slapping I have already given myself.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 09-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #2266
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Where did you order from? Sorry buddy, it'll be better.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:00 AM   #2267
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank View Post
Where did you order from? Sorry buddy, it'll be better.
Blue Zoo Aquatics

Old 09-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #2268
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy

Blue Zoo Aquatics
Thats a shame ive ordered from them quite a few times. Unfortunately never fish. Ive began to order from reefs2go you cant beat their prices. Last order i ordered a sixline, gamma and engineer goby all super small but very very very healthy. Along with some frags not to impressed but for 10 bucks a piece they will grow.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #2269
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hows everything going in your neck of the woods?
Old 09-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #2270
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith View Post
Hows everything going in your neck of the woods?
It's still going. Have decided I'm not buying anything else. Seems everything I buy dies, am trying to save 4 corals now, they all "filmed" over and that's what the others did when they became nothing on their rock. So I moved each of them.

My elegance has just been "ripped" apart by the current when I moved it, cause it was dieing from the goby throwing sand and piling it on him. When I got the sand off he was half gone (that was overnight while I was at work) so I moved him and he didn't like it cause he is barely holding on so now he is in the "cave" where there is very little movement and I'd say medium lighting due to the overhang.

Still have 2 fish that I've not seen nor have seen any remains from though I am going to assume they are history. So I will save my pennies since work disgualified me and demoted me indefinitely, hopefully the union can help me but I don't know they are week. So til I can get myself out of the financial mess they put me in, I can't buy anything for my hobby. So I will just hope for the best and buy bigger fish, cause those 2 that have gone mia were tiny. But dang they were soooooooo cute too.

So am on hold just testing the water, trying to bring nitrates down since that is the only thing that is high.

My wrasse is nice but he is scarry looking with his multi-color body and blue eyes and man do those eyes stick out with their color.

So in answer LOL, we are surviving.

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com