Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-10-2013, 06:59 PM   #2311
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Second set of pics, last pic.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:59 PM   #2312
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank View Post
If you don't have a scraper, an old credit card solves all problems.
Thanks. Not so much as the scraping bothers me, as the straining of my neck. Still weak muscles from surgery.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:01 PM   #2313
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Second set of pics, last pic.
The orange one hidden by the glass? lol. If that's the one, then it has 5 heads. I'm surprised too because haven't been able to move it. Don't know where it would like to go cause everywhere I try the snails move it and flip it around. It has been left alone since they shoved it up against the glass.

OOPs wrong one lol, That one has 5 or 6. Can't count them very well with their tentacles flying all over and I can't see through the side of the glass to count on the back side, from what I can see 4 besides the main one and 1 or 2 on the back side..

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 02-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #2314
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

No, purple tentacles.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:04 PM   #2315
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
No, purple tentacles.
Yep figured that out LOL. Now I now what his name is.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #2316
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm just glad that nothing has died due to my lack of maintenance since surgery. I did alot more before surgery (been dealing with issue since Feb 2012) which might have made matters worse but since I had to do a hands off approach and even have my daughter come over to put in water since I couldn't lift or dump a 2qt pitcher, things have survived pretty well. Things are growing, not fast but are growing and maintaining their color. Just before surgery I had replaced Mandy and the Firefish that had died. This firefish was hiding for almost 2 months and thought I lost him and he up and appears one day. I have not been able to keep ricordia for some reason so I had bought one more this past Oct and it is still going. All others (bout 15 in total) have not made it. Am hoping that when I finally do get to scrape out the tank, that they won't go into shock lol. My sump is horrible, instead of one refugium, I have 1 main one and 2 small ones since the sand decided to was gonna go everywhere. The sump I'm dreading to do. Can't bend that long so that still has to wait. No water changes yet, still just doing topping off for now.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:43 PM   #2317
Aquarium Advice Addict

Do you know the name of those green on green zoas? They're so striking!

If I can ask, what kind of surgery did you undergo? I've had two major spine sergiries myself that (partially) forced me to give up on saltwater for a while. I'm glad to see you're tank is still hanging in there. It may be messy, but everything seems healthy and vibrant. Very well done. ^_^
Old 02-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #2318
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorallineAlgae View Post
Do you know the name of those green on green zoas? They're so striking!

If I can ask, what kind of surgery did you undergo? I've had two major spine sergiries myself that (partially) forced me to give up on saltwater for a while. I'm glad to see you're tank is still hanging in there. It may be messy, but everything seems healthy and vibrant. Very well done. ^_^
Radioactive dragon's eye.

Had a disc removed and neck fused.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:27 PM   #2319
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy View Post

Ouch.... Sorry you have to go thru all of that.... Maybe a couple shots of brandy may help
Old 02-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #2320
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy

I've never seen those in the local shops but most online sources seem to carry them. Beautiful polyps. Gonna have to add those to the list.

Ouch! I had two disks in my neck and two more in my lumbar removed and fused so far. I know how rough it is. Still, both surgeries helped out in the end. Recovery won't happen overnight but it should happen.

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com