Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #2321
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have one word for that surgery: OUCH!!! But then i have 2 shot knees (both needing surgery)and a left foot with mid joint arthritis w/cyst complication...wwweeeeeee

Old 07-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #2322
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hey, any update on the tank?

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #2323
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

yeah Buffy, I'm back and would love to see what you've done with the tank.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:58 AM   #2324
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hi everyone. I haven't done much. Its starting to go downhill. I've been so out of it that I feed, add water and turn the lights on and off. My lights all need replacing, corals are all starting to close up because of that. I gotta get it back up there, can barely see through the glass. It is just a struggle to do anything anymore....most of the time. Well I made it back to the forum finally and now to get some bulbs or switch to led ASAP. Suggestions? All 6 bulbs need replacing BAD. Fixture is 6 bulb crap, I am at work and I forgot what my light fixture is lol. Par for the course these days. Oh Nova Extreme I think.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #2325
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'd say either get your local fish store to take care of the tank if they do that, or take it down. If its too much, it's too much. Sorry if that sounds harsh, it's not supposed to be.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #2326
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nope, but thanks for suggestion.

48" tank = What does everybody suggest for led's at a decent price? Nothing outrageous.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 07-14-2013, 07:07 PM   #2327
Aquarium Advice Addict

look into these's your gonna want 2 so here ya go
2 Dimmable 120W Aquarium Coral Reef Fish Tank White Blue LED Light White Expower | eBay

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #2328
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
I had a black version of those, very powerful, got the job done. I'd recommend them.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:49 PM   #2329
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell View Post
I had a black version of those, very powerful, got the job done. I'd recommend them.
Got these, should be here betweenv16th and 23rd. How high should I place these above 21" deep tank?

Now to figure out how to rig my pully system to hold these, look nice and not drill anymore holes in my ceiling.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #2330
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
Got these, should be here betweenv16th and 23rd. How high should I place these above 21" deep tank?

Now to figure out how to rig my pully system to hold these, look nice and not drill anymore holes in my ceiling.
How long is it? My 3ft tank needed them 12" above it so it didn't fry everything even with it dimmed and for even exposure. Mine is 16" deep.

I dealt with the same problem, just say you like the industrial look

Also, make sure you transition them slowly. This will add a ton of light to the tank, make sure to slowly raise the dimmer over the course of a month. Nobody wants photo inhibition.

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com