Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-07-2011, 04:39 PM   #311
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks, I'll scratch this one off my list

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:02 PM   #312
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy
Email the seller ask for manufactor of lights

Old 07-07-2011, 05:39 PM   #313
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Heres an interesting unit. Has LEDS's for shimmer and its a 6 bulb T5

CoralVue 6 Bulb T5/LED Fixture 48" , 10 high power 1 watt LEDs, hanging kit, & legs - AquaCave
Old 07-07-2011, 11:09 PM   #314
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Heres an interesting unit. Has LEDS's for shimmer and its a 6 bulb T5

CoralVue 6 Bulb T5/LED Fixture 48" , 10 high power 1 watt LEDs, hanging kit, & legs - AquaCave

Can't use those legs, last one I bought was like those and they don't fit. I would have no clue how to hang from my sloped ceiling.

Thanks.

How hard would it be to build one? Would it be cost effective?

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 07-07-2011, 11:45 PM   #315
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hanging from a sloped ceiling is no different. Use a couple eyehooks and gravity takes care of the rest, its not gonna hang at an angle
Old 07-08-2011, 01:54 AM   #316
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinds04 View Post
Hanging from a sloped ceiling is no different. Use a couple eyehooks and gravity takes care of the rest, its not gonna hang at an angle

True, I understand that. I just didn't want to measure and drill and all that stuff up there. (I can always get my ladder back from my daughter to make the reach). I still have 3 sinks to fix after this RO/DI mess lol. Alot of DIY stuff is creeping up and I just don't want to try to do it all, I'm not a handywoman. Ends up costing me more than if I just bought, cause of all the screw-ups and redo's. Bad enough I gotta try to figure out how to make a sump and then of course make it LOL.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:13 AM   #317
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hey Buffy, I have those kind of legs you are talking about. They are adjustable and have brackets on each end that slide in and out. Then the nylon screw pressures your tank glass for a secure fit.

At least the one I bought did. Not sure about the ones linked, you'd have to email and ask.

I bought this light fixture:
NEW 48

It is a nice fixture, adjustable, and looks great. However, it is 4 bulbs and I'm not sure of the quality of the bulbs. I'm going to replace the bulbs with a reputed brand before I go corals.

Also, the sump really is not hard. Just make sure you can find a place that can cut glass or acryllic for you. This was the hardest part for me and I just ended up using separate plastic containers connected with pvc pipe because there isn't a place around here that cuts glass and I don't have the tools.

The plumping is the confusing part
scottayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:29 AM   #318
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottayy
Hey Buffy, I have those kind of legs you are talking about. They are adjustable and have brackets on each end that slide in and out. Then the nylon screw pressures your tank glass for a secure fit.

At least the one I bought did. Not sure about the ones linked, you'd have to email and ask.

NEW 48

It is a nice fixture, adjustable, and looks great. However, it is 4 bulbs and I'm not sure of the quality of the bulbs. I'm going to replace the bulbs with a reputed brand before I go corals.

Also, the sump really is not hard. Just make sure you can find a place that can cut glass or acryllic for you. This was the hardest part for me and I just ended up using separate plastic containers connected with pvc pipe because there isn't a place around here that cuts glass and I don't have the tools.

I believe lowes and homedepot both cut glass..
Old 07-08-2011, 08:39 AM   #319
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottayy View Post

NEW 48

Would you mind posting a picture of a close up of it attached to your tank?

Thanks

Old 07-08-2011, 06:20 PM   #320
Aquarium Advice Addict

I want to post a pic bit I am on my phone and it wont let me :-(

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com