Buffy's 1st Ever SW Build - Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry almost forgot to take pic for you here's the digital temp I use alway have good luck with it.. I've used other devices to see if its accurate and always has been... its a lifegard little time or temp... great device with moveable probe.

"I'm just gonna keep working with the rock, it will go eventually."
Remember you can shape your rock with a hammer, screwdriver; and safety glasses

Grizz said:
"I'm just gonna keep working with the rock, it will go eventually."
Remember you can shape your rock with a hammer, screwdriver; and safety glasses

Pffffft.. who needs safty glasses!

I posted a few pic last Nite in ID form can some please tell me if the are good bad or dead. Thanks

I still need to finish moving my rock around before I can think of anything else, but jeezzzzzzzzzz I am in such a foul mood, I don't want to do anything so I wish the fishies and corals were already there so I can stare at them and cry on their shoulders. My pup is sick of listening to me I'm sure lol.

Take a tank brake 2-3 days off wont kill anything Sometimes it's best to just let things be I'll try to help with the ID

Take a tank brake 2-3 days off wont kill anything Sometimes it's best to just let things be I'll try to help with the ID

True, unfortunately I'm done being frustrated with the tank, I only need to move rock, it's other things that have finally taken their toll.

One reason for doing this hobby is to make me take my mind off things, it's just not working tonite, and I really really really don't want to throw the rocks at the wall.

Thanks for helping with the ID, I think one is just a shell after touching it and it didn't bite me.

So here's a question:

My heater in the back which is running, (center and horizontal) indicates a temp of 77 deg.

Front of tank, on right side, inside glass thermometer with suction thingie indicates 82 degrees.

My stickie thermometer on front left of tank shows 84 degrees.

Which one is correct?

I'd say it's 82 the knobs on the heater are never right (mine says 72 tank is 79) the stick on's are messed with by room temp i trust the glass one more as it sits in the water.

Sorry almost forgot to take pic for you here's the digital temp I use alway have good luck with it.. I've used other devices to see if its accurate and always has been... its a lifegard little time or temp... great device with moveable probe.

I didn't see a pic. They have 2 of that brand. I am going there Friday if I can and but a few things. Thanks

How's it going Buffy? Feeling a bit less overwhelemd? I hope so! You are in the home stretch now, it's about time we start discussing your stock! lol

Anyways, hope all is well! :-D

Go with the glass one. If you have a good calibrated thermometer, like for humans, you can put both in a glass of warm water and calibrate your glass thermometer to something you trust.

Deleted off topic text.Sorry for this post was inappropriate. Please go through your quotes and delete the quote. Thank you

Wow, talk about a rough day. Too be honest I would have said I hit two curbs lol Hope you the best of luck for court.

Go with the glass one. If you have a good calibrated thermometer, like for humans, you can put both in a glass of warm water and calibrate your glass thermometer to something you trust.

Can't find any big number ones. Well at least bigger than what I've seen. Got any links or suggestions?

How's it going Buffy? Feeling a bit less overwhelemd? I hope so! You are in the home stretch now, it's about time we start discussing your stock! lol

Anyways, hope all is well! :-D

I can't think right now My salinity is too low (about 1.015) and I'm about out of salt, I don't have enough to bring it up. I was so hoping to have it all good to go so when I drove up to Drs Foster and Smith, I can go on my phone for the Diver's Den and have them walk over and get what I wanted (lol, beats ordering)

Do you remember everything I've mentioned: I have pictures on my pc of fish and stuff I like. I've been brain fried too much to figure out what goes first and how many. If I need a cuc first. I need food for whatever I get (I have nothing).

I still need a refractometer or a salinity whatever a point thingie or somthing. I figured if I had enough money, I'd start with one high tech measureing tool.

I'm GONNA GET A MANDARIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I don't have a sump, ref.ugium or skimmer or whatever else I need to start growing for them, so that they have a full smorgasbord when I do buy one.

When should I get a skimmer?
When should or should I even get a CUC?

I though I had an account on photo bucket somewhere, I'm going to try to log in or create a new account and upload the pics there, then I'll come back and post a link so you all have ideas of what I like, and if what I have selected isn't appropriate, maybe you can tell me why and maybe you can suggest something along the same lines.

I got that big rock moved this morning before work and I could have sworn I saw that tan thing starting to poke again. I got to get up in about 4 hours but am so mentally shot that I don't think I can sleep, so I think I'm gonna tink around with my rock.

Oh I tried posting from my phone today but didn't go through. I would like input on these items please: (They are all Drs. and Smith, since I'm planning to go up there when they open at 9), If anyone is in the area and want to tag along, give me a yell, I promise I won't run over any curbs, but I will promise that I will smoke in my vehicle, stop for coffee and go pee.

I will be leaving my house about 8am Friday morning if you are interested pm me and we will make arrangements, I work 6a-6p tomorrow and thursday so If I can access my pm's from my phone when on smoke break I will. Other wise I will check when I get home from work.

Deleted off topic texr

Back
Top Bottom