Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-12-2011, 02:27 AM   #401
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottayy View Post
That helps a lot
So there are two replaceable parts? The filter/cartridge for RO and the DI resin?
Edit| Sorry, don't mean to hijack your thread! Really glad your doggie is well. I have a pug I love the little bugger.
You're not hijacking. I've been trying to fix my kitchen sink since noon and I'm still not done. I needed a break. I have 3 more faucets to fix too. Grrr I hate plumbing.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:38 AM   #402
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy

Yes. I believe I saw where you can buy "bulk" for the resin. But whatever you do....when you change the resin DON'T SPILL!!!! You will slip on your butt and hurt something. The little beads are real slippery if there are enough on the floor. Honestly take my word for it, I've slipped on it at work (course it was more quantity than home) but the amount in that resin canister would make for a disaster in a small area.
Bulkreefsupply.com is where I bought my RODI unit and they do sell the bulk resin.....and I managed to replace replace the beads without slipping on my hinnie either....

Old 07-12-2011, 10:57 AM   #403
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421 View Post
Bulkreefsupply.com is where I bought my RODI unit and they do sell the bulk resin.....and I managed to replace replace the beads without slipping on my hinnie either....
Yay!!!!! No hinnie's need hurting here. LOL

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 07-12-2011, 10:59 AM   #404
Aquarium Advice Addict

Dead Spots

I have each AquaClear 50 positioned at the left and right back corners hanging on the back lip pointing toward front center glass.

My sand is separating in the front middle down to bare glass. How do you know if you have dead spots and where they are?

P.S. Haven't been to bed yet.... Have 2 out of 4 sinks finally repaired and hopefully no leaks from those two. Now 2 more to go. I don't have to use my tub faucet anymore

Old 07-12-2011, 11:08 AM   #405
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Try pointing them upwards and towards each others flow. You want the flows to crash on each other. Plus you want as much surface agitation as you can get.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:33 AM   #406
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Try pointing them upwards and towards each others flow. You want the flows to crash on each other. Plus you want as much surface agitation as you can get.
I won't be able to move them up much, maybe 1/2" before I run out of lip/back to hold it in place. (heck what is that border thing called).

Old 07-12-2011, 11:36 AM   #407
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The trim piece? Did it come with a suction cup mount, maybe you can place them higher? I'm pretty sure it doesnt adjust upwards unfortunately.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:05 PM   #408
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yes comes with suction mount. However if I use the suction mount then I would actually have to lower the ph for it to attach to the glass. Let me try to get a picture for you.

So how do you know if you have any deadspots? Are there any telltale signs? I wanna try to make sure I don't have any when the time comes to give some fishies a new home

Old 07-12-2011, 12:20 PM   #409
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

What alot of people do is use purple up. It's a milky color and when you put in it you can see EXACTLY where the water flows. Also might work with flake food, you can see where it goes and if it drops to a spot and stays there, you got yourself a dead spot.

LOL
Old 07-12-2011, 12:33 PM   #410
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here's a few pics.

Excuse the fly away hairs. If I raise them up any higher, I will have more salt creep too won't I?

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com