Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-12-2011, 02:35 PM   #421
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ok, so I'm lost LOL. I gotta run to store and will re-read everything when I get back. I plan on getting the ones you mentioned Carey, but yes I already had these. With taking the future sump into consideration will 2 750's be the right amount of flow for my tank? I think when I do the sump, the Emperor 400 comes out, doesn't it? Anyway, gotta run, get that money in my checkbook so I can order lights today. Maybe I'll have enough to order the pumps too.

@Carey---Since you like missions LOL...Would you just doublecheck while I'm running around if the 2 750's will be good or if I will need bigger/more flow with the sump in mind. Am going to use a 20Gal long glass for a sump. FYI...I plan on having the one sump do my 75Gal AND my 40Gal Breeder.

Thanks.

Post those links lol, I've got soo much going that I can't remember everything , stupid old age LMAO

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:36 PM   #422
Aquarium Advice Addict

I gotta ask, Buffy are those pics of fish i see on the back of your tank Great idea

Old 07-12-2011, 02:56 PM   #423
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I think the 750's would be good, the 1050's could be an option too, but thatmight be overkill in my opinion. You also can account for the return pump from the sump. Remember that too will be generating water flow when it returns to the tank, that's why i think the 750's are a good fit. Iuse the 750's in my 55g and it was a bit much, but I tend to go over board. I also have a 750 in my biocube which is way way over kill.

I'm way not a sump expert by any means, but I'm not sure how efficient and how the logistics would work with running dual tanks off one sump.
Me, I actually worry about how it all looks in the end. You may end up with hoses and pvc everywhere. LOL
Old 07-12-2011, 05:33 PM   #424
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Buffy I'd try to stay away from running 2 tanks off one sump. You're looking at 115 gallons of dt running on 20g of sump, I believe that's a bit on the low side. My biggest fear would be disease or sickness, if you have an outbreak in one tank and you're sharing a sump, it may migrate to the clean tank. Only giving you twice the headache
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:47 PM   #425
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Bulk reef supply has the best price I found on the Korellia fans.

As to your TDS meter, I just got one myself. My tap water showed 350ppm (yikes) while my RO/DI shows 30ppm. What is the reading everyone else uses for RO/DI as I may need to change my DI resin beads?
Old 07-12-2011, 05:53 PM   #426
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I get 0 TDS from my ro/di water. My tap is at 243.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:17 PM   #427
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Looks like I need to replace my resin.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:22 PM   #428
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ok I was just thinking of buying a stand to put the 40g on and the 20 inside. It would have been perpendicular to my 75G. Otherwise I'm gonna need two stands. And no clue what to put on top of the stand that would house the sump for the 75G.

So if I only use one 20G for my 75G DT then the 40G Breeder can use a 10G sump.

I need 2 stands then, one for 20G sump for 75G DT and one for 40G Breeder with 10G sump cause I don't want to have bad water and no I don't want pipes all over. Both sumps will be housed inside the stands. So maybe the top of the 20G sump can hold all my Lab paraphernalia. LOL

Now I gotta run to store again, then home to move rock and do tests. I think I may have a couple more hitchhikers but not sure yet. Little things are protruding from the rock but are not moving so am not sure if it "dead" stuff from when I killed the creepy crawlers.

Got my TDS Meter today too.

@Gregcoyote - I will test my waters with TDS Meter when I get back for you. I wish the thing read in farenheit instead of celcius, cause now I gotta have a conversion chart handy.

Will catch ya'll in a little bit and catch up on reading. Am planning on spending some money on Lights, Pumps and Refractometer. So if anyone has any suggestions on a good but cheap refractometer, please post.

I'm am so glad I found this forum, ya'll been awesome!!!!! Thank you so much for all your input and help. TTYL

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 07-12-2011, 11:44 PM   #429
Aquarium Advice Addict

Doing Testing now.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:55 PM   #430
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
Will catch ya'll in a little bit and catch up on reading. Am planning on spending some money on Lights, Pumps and Refractometer. So if anyone has any suggestions on a good but cheap refractometer, please post.
This is a cheap reliable and very good refractometer that I use:
Saltwater Aquarium Salinity & Specific Gravity Testing: Portable Refractometer

I don't know how I measured before using the floating hydrometer - that thing was stupid.

I also purchased some calibration fluid with it but only used it once so far.

Edit| Prices adding up, huh? I had to wait longer than i liked to be able to purchase everything needed.

scottayy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com