Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-13-2011, 12:56 AM   #441
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homedog98 View Post
They might stall the cycle... (don't hold me to it!) maybe do a PWC to get them down a bit... Just in case? (seriously, if you think I'm wrong, call me out please!!!)
Nope not calling you out ... I don't mind waiting, Am not ready for fish yet. I still have ammonia in there too, though it's down, it needs to be zero, along with the nitrites.

Still needing to get some stuff done before I bring in the fishies and such.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:59 AM   #442
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by huma-huma View Post
Buffy would running 2-10g tanks for a sump fit below your 75? I figured you can only fit a 20l width wise in the stand, maybe the 2x10g will fit one behind the other, therefore saving space

Here's a pic of my stand.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 07-13-2011, 01:00 AM   #443
Aquarium Advice Addict

I believe a 20l would fit in there, since the depth is probably 18" and a 20l is about 12-13"

But you'd have to remove your shelving in there, haha
scottayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:03 AM   #444
Aquarium Advice Addict

This is a good link to help you determine what will fit:
Fish Aquarium and Tank* Sizes and Characteristics, starting an aquarium, buying equipment, choosing tanks

Keep in mind the inside dimensions of your cabinet will be slightly less than your tanks dimensions.
scottayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:40 AM   #445
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottayy View Post
I believe a 20l would fit in there, since the depth is probably 18" and a 20l is about 12-13"

But you'd have to remove your shelving in there, haha

Can't remove the shelving, it would weaken the stand.

Old 07-13-2011, 02:18 AM   #446
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Imo you could alter the shelving to fit a 20l in there with a light...but that's just my opinion..I seem to not have a problem cutting and chopping things lol. If you're not wanting to touch it, I'd imagine you could squeeze a few 5 gallon tanks in there...those are lil guys
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:37 AM   #447
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

My opinion is a stinkly one to conisder, but I would just get a new stand, check on craigslist and the such,. More money I know, but you didn't know anything about all this when you got it. You could alwasy use the stand for a fw application. Or flip it on CL yourself and help to pay for another stand.
LOL
Old 07-13-2011, 10:41 AM   #448
Aquarium Advice Addict

Or dont do a sump at all
Old 07-13-2011, 10:57 AM   #449
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

That would be my choice, but the 75 could benefit alot from one.

I don't think a hob filter and skimmer would be too bad. The lights will probably block out the view of them anyways.

On that stand buffy, are any of the shelves adjustable? You can also put a canister filter in one if you can move a shelf. I know most people frown on the canister in sw but I've done it successfully.

The sump, pumps, tubing, overflow box, skimmer ands other goodies for the sump will add up quite quickly as well.

It's Buffys choice I think here. Either way and I think she'll be fine.

BTW, what are your intentions for the 40B Buffy? Are you gonna make it a species or coral tank? Maybe you can do the sump for that one and get some knowledge on the small side.

Yep, I was real helpful LOL
Old 07-13-2011, 11:02 AM   #450
Aquarium Advice Addict

Im running 90g without a sump or skimmer it can be done you just gotta stick with the PWC's my traites never get over .5 ppm i change out 10g every week

Changing out the stand means draining that monster she just snap if we suggest that lol

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com