Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-18-2011, 03:20 AM   #511
Aquarium Advice Addict

Typo I mean they*****

Old 07-18-2011, 03:45 AM   #512
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Looking at pics of everyones skimmers in action make me extremely sad, my skimmer waste is usually a soft brown liquid, everyone elses seems to be a dark green gunk....does mine just suck that bad?? Hate to have to replace it

huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:57 AM   #513
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy

LOL you guys are funny

Well I'm tossing around the Maxima Clam, a fish (don't know which one yet - as there are alot I like), a coral (It reminds me of a red tree), a Sea Apple or a Neon Hammer.

I first have to figure out what comes first the chicken or the egg LOL, I mean I know there's an order of putting things in, like the most aggressive would be last and such. So I don't know out of the items above which comes first, once I can figure that out then I can decide the route I want to take.

Then I gotta figure out how to take care of them and feed them before I buy them. And I gotta get their food supplies and such beforehand too.... which leads to figuring out what to feed what LOL.

Don't want to buy a fish or anything and not be able to feed it. That would be bad....very very bad.
I've never ran a skimmer .. I will eventually buy one but its nothing u need right away...
Old 07-18-2011, 09:04 AM   #514
Aquarium Advice Addict

Buffy! Stop surfing the net about this darn tank today and get some work done.. your performance has been way under par since you have returned to work...

Edit: I was only joking... can't tell you how much time I spend on these forums while at work.. speaking of I better do somthing today as well..
Old 07-18-2011, 09:51 AM   #515
Aquarium Advice Addict

HaHa I'm off today jsmith.

Thanks for the pic of your skimmer Ibrahim.

I know for skimmer, it's gotta be in sump kind. I don't have sump yet but will. So it's have to be HOB and in sump combo.

I'll check out the Octopus's.

I got 36 hours 48 hours off. Hope I don't waste it surfing. I got alot to get done.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:20 AM   #516
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

If you adjust the skimmer the skimmate can be either watery or more "solid". I have a nasty black goo that comes out of my skimmer.

And dont blame buffy for not getting much done, she's been researching like crazy trying to help me and my fish diagnosis. Which I really really appreciate.

Here are my 3 favorite hang on skimmers

Hang on Back HOB Reef Octopus Protein Skimmers
AquaC Remora & Remora Pro Protein Skimmers
CPR Bak Pak 2 Hang on Back Protein Skimmers for Marine & Reef Aquarium

You want one that can "handle" about twice your tank size but with hangons its kinda hard to get to there. Any of the above I think would be a great addition.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:29 AM   #517
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here's a great in sump skimmer for only 170 http://www.aquacave.com/reef-octopus...immer-750.html
Old 07-18-2011, 10:30 AM   #518
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

She's not running a sump. Decided to go with a canister because of space constraints. :-(
Old 07-18-2011, 10:35 AM   #519
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh I thought she just said she will in the future for a combo lol
Old 07-18-2011, 10:50 AM   #520
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yeah, I think getting a new stand or having a stand adjacent would be a nightmare for her. She's at 75g so she should be fine, she went with a fluval 405.

And we'll see which skimmer she picks out. I did the canister filter/hob skimmer with my 55g and had 0 issues with it.

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com