Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-20-2011, 09:26 PM   #591
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy

I got the link. probably gonna get that one as the are all pretty basic and why pay 100 for the same one that you can get for 30.

Skimmers.. I looked at those but didn't order any yet cause I'm stuck. I'm confused as to which type and well just basically everything still. I almost understand the purpose though LOL. I'm still figuring out the variables and "secondary" purposes. venturi vs needle. spray vs pump. concurrent vs coconcurrent. u know the stuff I knew when I was a baby that I just filed away. still getting thru cobwebs LOL.
Just forget all the hype and buy the best name brand that'll fit your needs and your price range,...there's a bunch of good ones out there and I'm sure that anyone you get will be wonderful,.... Try to not think too much, you'll only get a headache

Old 07-21-2011, 02:55 AM   #592
Aquarium Advice Addict

Get a headache LOL. Past that LOL. I may not set the lights up til Friday morning. Gonna look at Skimmers now.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:33 AM   #593
Aquarium Advice Addict

Fluval 405

Got home from work and I had a box outside. I believe it contains the Fluval 405. Haven't opened it yet. Got a few things to do before bed, the if I have time before work tonite, I'll be opening my goodies. I swear if I do it now, I won't go to bed and work will be really hard.

I've decided on:

AquaC Remora Pro Protein Skimmer with Rio 1400 Pump & Drain Fitting

Title says Rio 1400 pump but I'm going to get the Mag 3. I'm also going to get:

AquaC Surface Prefilter Box

I've a few things I gotta get done before I can order. But if anyone has any input on these items, please let me know.

Thanks

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 07-21-2011, 09:41 AM   #594
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The mag 3 pumpis a good selection as it will be enough to use on your sump when you get it.

I love my remora, some people on the forum arent big fans but I never had an issue with it. I also have the skimmer box too, makes it so fishies cant swim into the pump and keeps the back nice and clean looking with the black box, theres no external pump that can be seen when you use it.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:23 PM   #595
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy
Got home from work and I had a box outside. I believe it contains the Fluval 405. Haven't opened it yet. Got a few things to do before bed, the if I have time before work tonite, I'll be opening my goodies. I swear if I do it now, I won't go to bed and work will be really hard.

I've decided on:

AquaC Remora Pro Protein Skimmer with Rio 1400 Pump & Drain Fitting

Title says Rio 1400 pump but I'm going to get the Mag 3. I'm also going to get:

AquaC Surface Prefilter Box

I've a few things I gotta get done before I can order. But if anyone has any input on these items, please let me know.

Thanks
How did u not open it I woulda tore it open like it was a xmas gift..
Old 07-21-2011, 04:02 PM   #596
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith View Post
How did u not open it I woulda tore it open like it was a xmas gift..
I was too tired from working all night and I haven't been to bed yet because I had to pay bills (Gonna be a rough night, maybe I can get a nap in at work tonite with my eyes open so I don't get caught lol). I keep proscrastinating because of my tank stuff. Seems I don't get much done except read read read for Saltwater stuff. LOL.

I just got back from running around but before I left, I opened up the packages.

The pumps are in their boxes on the table along with the Fluval 405. Well the light is on the table to..............not in its box lol.

But alas I'm still not gonna play. I'm going to get a bike ride in before I have to go to work. I so miss riding my bike. I'll be limping when I'm done but it's worth it. Not sure how far I'm gonna peddle today, don't really have enough time. Nor do I have the strength right now to do 30-50 like I used to before my surgery.

Soo on that note, if I can get the stuff together before work I will post pictures. Otherwise I'm going to be staying up when I get home tomorrow, 1 to work on my tank and 2 I gotta switch back over to dayshift.

Thanks for input Carey.

I hope to order the skimmer and refractometer today or tomorrow. Next is to get the QT together, unless I missed something it'd be stocking decisions. Then food, then livestock. Woohoo. Getting closer.

I'm starting to see the silver lining and the rainbows and the little light at the end of the tunnel has finally started to grow!!!!!

Old 07-21-2011, 06:45 PM   #597
Aquarium Advice Addict

woohoo got 10.5 miles in. Got 15 minutes, what should I play with first?

Old 07-21-2011, 06:45 PM   #598
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Decisions decisions.....I'd mess with the lights, easy to do. The filter will take you awhile to setup.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:57 PM   #599
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Decisions decisions.....I'd mess with the lights, easy to do. The filter will take you awhile to setup.
No time now lol. Was it AquaCave that you had the coupon for? They are the highest price for skimmer. 269.00 with pre-skimmer and mag 3 at Marine and Reef. How's that for a price?

Looks like I'll be trying to do it all in the morning after work. Hopefully I can get it pretty much done and post some pics

Old 07-21-2011, 06:58 PM   #600
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Lemme do some checking. I have some obscure sites i can check out. Yeah, aquacave I have a 5% off. I'll post back in a few.

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com