Buffy's 1st Ever SW Build - Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i guess 3 hundred watters should work.

don't worry...here are a few pics of my wirey mess...
img_1559118_0_9df3174732c82fc3ea39304250c0a507.jpg

img_1559118_1_d41cb11ed6ab540c4d00c5c3d4406f03.jpg

img_1559118_2_ab93124efa09123ccb8e026149f71e51.jpg

welcome to the club!

Whew!! I feel a whole lot better now knowing that I'm not the only one with a octopus of cords..:)

That, well that is just omg. LOL I can't imagine working with all that. You don't even have the plugs labeled. I would go insane.

You just made me feel a lot better! LOL

too funny.....

One word wow! But why in the basement we have a finished basement but I couldn't imagine not passing mine everytime I went in to my kitchen.

You don't even wanna know how my electricity is done here. LOL OMG it;s horrible. I have extension cords from different rooms since the circuit on the 125g wall cant handle it all. I have more extension cords going to the 55g since theres no outlet there. And the mh fixture on another circuit made me add yet another extension cord to another circuit based socket. bleh.. i wish i was dating an electrician sometimes....LOL

LOL, I work with a a bunch of them and Mr X's pics remind me of that LMAO.

i guess 3 hundred watters should work.

don't worry...here are a few pics of my wirey mess...

welcome to the club!

Thanks and all I can say is Holyyyyyyyyyy Shi********* LOL.

That reminds me,I have an emergency generator,but after seeing your pictures it reminds me I need to get a fire extinguisher to.LOL

I have one :) It sitting in the boat. Got it after being stopped on the lake by the Fish Police and was told we needed one. Who knew? Hmm with all that water around LMAO.

However don't get one that uses water for electric, you could have your hair permed big time. Just check the abc readings on the one you want.

Wow, lol, I missed a few posts while typing. hehehe. Yeah, I can't imagine the corner of my living room looking like an electric shop. I'm gonna have to figure something out. Maybe drill a hole in the wall and feed it all out to the garage and build something there.

Except right now I'm trying to reach the ceiling with a stud finder to find the joists to put an eyehook in. Only got one problem, even with ladder I can't reach quite high enoughhhhhhhhhhhhh. Ugg. lol

her light fixture
lol

Yeppppppppppppppppp :) don't ya love the 15 character mininum lol

I'm making a hanger for my lights, gonna be a pulley system. Got everything finally together but dang that ceiling is kicking my but. I already dropped the measure tape in the tank last night. It's stretched across my kitchen and dining room drying out now LMAO. Hulleva splash it did make.

Oh by the way, did you guys know that Coco Worms move FAST!!!!!!!!! I mean holy cow, that sucker popped in his tube so fast, I bout fell over laughing last night. I didn't know it could move that fast, I mean superman you better hold onto your tights.

Oh and I kinda swiped a cutting wheel from work and bought an attachment to put on my drill so I can cut that freaking nut off the bathroom sink drain and get that done, however I'm a little under the weather to cut that, don't want to replace the whole sink if I slip.

Already have the pulleys and everything, I just can't keep my balance long enough reaching to mark a spot on the ceiling to check with the stud finder. Since I have to slide it to find the stud. Borrowed one today. I wish my tank's glass lids were strong enough, I'd put them back on and stand on them. And my ladder is 6' LOL. I'm gonna put the glass lids on and cover the tank with a blanket when the time comes to drill a hole so that the pariculates don't get into the tank.

why not just build an apparatus to hold it above the tank? something off the back wall perhaps, or something similar to this-
AquaticLife Stand Light Fixture Hanger

I already looked at that, but thought once this one done it'd be easier to raise and lower, plus if I "moved" my tank, The hook could use a plant. I wouldn't know how to cover the holes in the wall. My stand is not sturdy enough to mount anything on the back IMO.

How am I supposed to do a water change when the temps are so different. They are 7 degrees apart right now. My water ready to go in is at 78 and my water going out is now at 71.

True, I'm thinking of ordering one of those when I do my next tank.

I have one heater in my main tank (tank temp is 71) and the one in the Brute. Should I take the one out of the brute (brute temp is 78) to get the tank up?

I ordered 3 100 watt Aqueon Pro Heaters from Amazon (plus 2 books LOL).

Duh, yep that's what I'll do. I'll take the heater out of the brute and put it in the tank then soon as that is up, I'll do my pwc. Temp in brute shouldn't go down much by that time and I'll keep an eye on it and rotate the heaters to get them equal. Guess the one heater kinda pooped out.

your main tank- the ones that has the corals in it, is 71? do you think this was the cause of the coral decline? whenever you aren't changing water, i'd have both heaters in the main tank, until you get those replacements.

Yes and Yes. My main tank is the one with the 10 deg or so temperature fluctuation. I'm heating it up with both now.

When the new ones come in do I just put one on each wall then, ie. back and both sides?

btw buffy that book was ocean: the world's last wilderness revealed.

Thanks. I ordered two books from Amazon tonite. Water Chemistry for the Marine Aquarium by John Tullock

And

The Conscientious Marine Aquarist: A Commonsense Handbook for Successful Saltwater Aquarist by Robert Fenner

I'll look into the one you mentioned too. :) WOW that can be one heck of an expensive book. Lol I saw one of the asking prices at 500.00. No way I'd pay that much. Also seen it for 20.00 too. What a price difference.

Back
Top Bottom