Buffy's 1st Ever SW Build - Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My Faucet Adapter for RO/DI

@Lowsdime

Here are a few pics of it. Not using yet as I'm finishing up my sink and still have a leak in drain trying to stop. However it does fit my faucet as you can see:lol:Yay!!!!!!!

Let me see if I can get the link they sent me for you. Cost is the same whether ebay or direct. I did it direct this time.

Ebay link......copy this into address bar:

1/4" RO tube Quick connector for sink faucet aerator | eBay

or if you prefer

Purewater's Product link....copy this into address bar:
If you hover over link below you will see product_id=422

PureWaterClub.com

Hope this helps.:)

Excellent job! All ready to go! LOL Just make sure you dont use the first 10g or so. Thats the test water.

I also think no matter how much you block the back with rock, if the fish wants in that tiny spot I think he'll find it.

I may still be doing a re rockscaping though.

Might want to think about getting one of these makes it easier so you Wont have to do any unhooking to run water

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110625_161254.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110625_161254.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 153
YAY!!!!!!!! Finally Making Water!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent job! All ready to go! LOL Just make sure you dont use the first 10g or so. Thats the test water.

I also think no matter how much you block the back with rock, if the fish wants in that tiny spot I think he'll find it.

I may still be doing a re rockscaping though.

Just got done with my sink. Had to take it apart 4 times due to leaks. Finally NO LEAKS (for now). Hooked up RO/DI and am now making water.

TDS before RO: 262.6
Check it out :lol:

10 gallon bucket, when full will dump and do another, then dump to "rinse" bucket, then use the next.

Small Update

RO/DI Water

TDS
Before RO/DI: 262.6
After RO/DI: .16

WOOHOO

Dumped the first ten gallons. Making the 2nd now. Man does it trickle slow.

TDS Meter

Ok, so I borrowed a TDS Meter from work. They said it was an old one and they had newer ones they could use so I could use it for a couple weeks til I got one.

Well I liked how easy this one is and I figured since at work we have to worry about EPA and violations and stuff; that this had to be accurate. Sooo I went on the net to the manufacturer and holy cow 750.00 bucks; accuracy +1/-1%. I'm thinking that is a tad bit out of my price range.

Well in the mean time I hope I don't break this thing or I won't get a paycheck:hide:.

Update

Thanks all.

****(Rats), got a leak under my sink. grrrr I hate plastic pipes. Everytime I gotta do plumbing I have horror stories.

Anyway shopping spree. Here's what I got:brows:
9 tanks, (1-55G; 1-40G Breeder; 2-20Gal Long; 5-10G).
1-Aquasun T5 HO 48" Fixture
1-Coral Sun Actinic 420 Bulb
1-Ocean Sun 10,000K Bulb
2-AquaClear Powerhead 50
1-Fish Net
For one Granddaughters Tank
2-5lb bags purple gravel
1-small bag purple/pink/red crystal mix
1-Nemo Decoration

Oh and 3 dozen minnows to go fishing in a few hours LMAO.

Last edited:
Buffy said:
Thanks all.

****(Rats), got a leak under my sink. grrrr I hate plastic pipes. Everytime I gotta do plumbing I have horror stories.

Anyway shopping spree. Here's what I got:brows:
9 tanks, (1-55G; 1-40G Breeder; 2-20Gal Long; 5-10G).
1-Aquasun T5 HO 48" Fixture
1-Coral Sun Actinic 420 Bulb
1-Ocean Sun 10,000K Bulb
2-AquaClear Powerhead 50
1-Fish Net
For one Granddaughters Tank
2-5lb bags purple gravel
1-small bag purple/pink/red crystal mix
1-Nemo Decoration

Oh and 3 dozen minnows to go fishing in a few hours LMAO.

Why so many tanks.. I've been follwing thread what did I miss?

The LFS should give the tank away. The lights, pumps, live rock, filter, sump, skimmer, test gear, stand and oh yeah, the fish and coral add up. Kind of like cheap printers that use expensive ink ;-)

The LFS should give the tank away. The lights, pumps, live rock, filter, sump, skimmer, test gear, stand and oh yeah, the fish and coral add up. Kind of like cheap printers that use expensive ink ;-)

So true LOL; finally home and making more water at 12:30am. Rinsing rock in the dark, so tomorrow I can get it into the tank.

I found about it here in the forum. Kept watching forum. Then went to Petco to see if they did have it and Yep they did. Not a big city so no worries bout crowds or anything.:)

Back
Top Bottom