Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-13-2011, 01:15 AM   #61
Aquarium Advice Addict

Update:

Ordered RO/DI tonite.and ordered 100lb of base rock.

Questions:
There are no hoses supplied correct? Just the end fittings that I connect to my own hose?

Does base rock need anything more than a rinsing?

How long can RO/DI water be in a storage container without salt?

Thanks for tagging along, remember now I like extra butter

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:49 PM   #62
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yay!!!!!! Got my RO/DI unit in mail today.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 06-16-2011, 04:57 PM   #63
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Grats! One of the best investments you can make in my opinion. Do you have a refractometer? Thats second on my list.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:17 PM   #64
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Grats! One of the best investments you can make in my opinion. Do you have a refractometer? Thats second on my list.
Not yet. Gotta work tonite so I refuse to open the package cause then I would call and not go to work LOL.

Base Rock should be here any day now too.

Trying to sort out lighting stuff now.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:25 AM   #65
Aquarium Advice Addict

Gotta an appt, then some shopping for containers and stuff to set up RO/DI. No clue so I will be walking around the store looking at my phone. Wonder if I'm gonna walk into anyone while reading LOL. Hopefully rock will be here when I get home and I can get something done before I have to be gone for tonite.

LOL, am gonna copy people and sit on my floor using my coffee table to "design".and a movie while I work.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:28 AM   #66
Aquarium Advice Addict

Icky Live Rock

Question: The live rock I had in tank doesn't look so "live" and actually kinda scary. Is it ok to take it out, rinse under tap water and let sit outside for a few hours or overnight and reuse?

Thanks

Old 06-17-2011, 11:37 AM   #67
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I wouldnt do that. lol Just let it do its thing. You can brush off with a wire brush anything hanging or looking gross. All that yuck will help your cycle too though.

Do you have a pic?
Old 06-17-2011, 11:45 AM   #68
Aquarium Advice Addict

Was on hold

Quote:
I wouldnt do that. lol Just let it do its thing. You can brush off with a wire brush anything hanging or looking gross. All that yuck will help your cycle too though.

Do you have a pic?
No pic yet. Size of a golf ball (flattened and irregular) with light green in spots. Then along the side the rock has turned like a tan color and looks kinda soft like a leather look. All the rest appears fine. I don't know how to get the debris out that ended up floating and sinking without removing everything and wiping the inside down again and this time lightly rinsing the sand and rock too. No equipment has been on all week. Put it on hold due to my schedule and waiting for ro/di and rock.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:49 AM   #69
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Do you have an old hang on back filter lying around? that way it could get the particulate matter out. Also, did you get your powerheads? That will move the gunk off the bottom.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:30 PM   #70
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Do you have an old hang on back filter lying around? that way it could get the particulate matter out. Also, did you get your powerheads? That will move the gunk off the bottom.
No no and no LOL. I only have the stuff listed below. Ie starting with basically nothing. Totally noob. On my way to store. I know I need a tub/can for ro but no clue what else. Hoses/tubing no clue. Am shopping to get ro going. Think I need heater and pump. Anyone got ideas for what I need? I have same ro/di as Carey . No time to drive to lfs. Too far and I didn't see much at PETCO and petsmart for sw. am on cell so cant link it. Thanks for helping .

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com