Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-27-2011, 07:05 PM   #691
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hear ye Hear

Hear ye hear ye... Buddy's 1st ever SW Tank Build is now accepting stocking recommendations for her 1st Ever Saltwater Aquarium.

COME ONE COME ALL.

Reward for livestock that are selected you are cordially invited to participate as judges with me in the naming ceremony.

LET THE IDEAS FLOW!

following... don't forget I like extra butter.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:17 PM   #692
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
That one looks okay, but I prefer one with a wire to the probe so the display can be located out where you can easily see it. I also like the battery and electronics to be as far from the saltwater as I can get them.
I like that idea. I have 8 tanks so I will be needing more anyway. This way I can compare. And document differences and stuff thanks guys.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 07-27-2011, 07:20 PM   #693
Aquarium Advice Addict

Golf clap, and a pat on the back for you. You finely made it

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:02 PM   #694
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote
That one looks okay, but I prefer one with a wire to the probe so the display can be located out where you can easily see it. I also like the battery and electronics to be as far from the saltwater as I can get them.
lol The one on eBay is the exact same one you recommended but just in stock.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:33 PM   #695
Aquarium Advice Addict

Livestock

Ok, I just finally figured out how to get back into photobucket, got the pictures off my pc that I like so far and put them in photobucket (I hope I got the right names with the livestock). I don't know if this is gonna work but from what I understand it's a link to the whole album. Please go take a gander, and if there's a "guest book" please sign so I know you where there, feel free to leave comments also if there's a space for it, Don't know much bout photobucket yet.

Remember now, if my parameters are good come friday morning, I want to come home from live aquaria WITH SOMETHING.

Here ya go. Hope it works.....User name for photobucket is mehuman2, that way you know it's me.

http://photobucket.com/LivestockILike

Old 07-27-2011, 11:05 PM   #696
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Didn't look like the one on bulk reef supply I thought I saw. It looked like it had a wired probe. Don't buy one that depends on a "water tight" battery/electronics package. You just want a probe in the water. Sorry to set off the "oh no you don't" crowd, my mistake.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:10 PM   #697
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Didn't look like the one on bulk reef supply I thought I saw. It looked like it had a wired probe. Don't buy one that depends on a "water tight" battery/electronics package. You just want a probe in the water. Sorry to set off the "oh no you don't" crowd, my mistake.

I was wanting a probe kind, the research/reviews I have come across.... ALL of them had water tight problems within a few months. I'd rather I read on the outside and probe on the inside. Thank you for your help. I gotta go look at those now that I'm home and before I get started on my rock. I made a new thread about qt, would you check it over if you have time and provide some insite?

Thanks

Old 07-27-2011, 11:20 PM   #698
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Go with the glass one. If you have a good calibrated thermometer, like for humans, you can put both in a glass of warm water and calibrate your glass thermometer to something you trust.
How do you calibrate them. Are there screws or something on them to adjust to the "accurate" one?

Old 07-27-2011, 11:23 PM   #699
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith View Post
Pffffft.. who needs safty glasses!

I have about 4 pair, however I can never find them when I want them.

Should I wear my hardhat, gloves and steel toes too?

Old 07-28-2011, 03:19 AM   #700
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm pretty sure by calibrate he means to mark the wrong thermometer. Ex. If the correct thermometer says 78 degrees and the wrong one says 84 then mark 78 degrees at where it says 84.

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com