Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-28-2011, 03:22 AM   #701
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy

I was wanting a probe kind, the research/reviews I have come across.... ALL of them had water tight problems within a few months. I'd rather I read on the outside and probe on the inside. Thank you for your help. I gotta go look at those now that I'm home and before I get started on my rock. I made a new thread about qt, would you check it over if you have time and provide some insite?

Thanks
Yea the one that was on eBay has a probe which is in the tank and had suction cups for the digital display on the outside. Just to clarify any confusion

Old 07-28-2011, 03:28 AM   #702
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote
Didn't look like the one on bulk reef supply I thought I saw. It looked like it had a wired probe. Don't buy one that depends on a "water tight" battery/electronics package. You just want a probe in the water. Sorry to set off the "oh no you don't" crowd, my mistake.
Oops Sorry for the confusion. The one on eBay has a wired probe. And it's also made by JBJ.

Old 07-28-2011, 03:28 AM   #703
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

In my experience, the digital units were pretty close. At least within a degree. I do not know if the inexpensive ones have a calibration screw. I have one that is 15 years old I bought from the local hardware store for less than 20 bucks. It has inside temp reading and a second outside reading and a outside probe I use in the reef. I encapsulated with regular epoxy cement to be absolutely sure it was water tight. years later and many battery changes, I am still using it.

If you can borrow a lab thermometer that is accurate, you can calibrate anything and be in pretty good shape.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:07 AM   #704
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
I have about 4 pair, however I can never find them when I want them.

Should I wear my hardhat, gloves and steel toes too?
If you have butterfingers like me i'd wear the boots or sneekers at the least

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:21 AM   #705
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
Ok, I just finally figured out how to get back into photobucket, got the pictures off my pc that I like so far and put them in photobucket (I hope I got the right names with the livestock). I don't know if this is gonna work but from what I understand it's a link to the whole album. Please go take a gander, and if there's a "guest book" please sign so I know you where there, feel free to leave comments also if there's a space for it, Don't know much bout photobucket yet.

Remember now, if my parameters are good come friday morning, I want to come home from live aquaria WITH SOMETHING.

Here ya go. Hope it works.....User name for photobucket is mehuman2, that way you know it's me.

http://photobucket.com/LivestockILike
You have great taste,love the corals cant wait to see it done. extra butter as you like

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:10 PM   #706
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Just don't butter your popcorn shrimp...they hate that.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:10 PM   #707
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote
Just don't butter your popcorn shrimp...they hate that.
That made me laugh out loud in real life..
Old 07-28-2011, 09:34 PM   #708
Aquarium Advice Freak

Lol for real. And I can see why
Old 07-28-2011, 09:38 PM   #709
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike-words
Lol for real. And I can see why
I actually read it a few times then the shrimp part dawned on me... as so many on this forum are deeply rooted in their tanks.. likewise myself included.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:44 PM   #710
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hi all. No update to report. Haven't got home yet. Not to discuss...just Fyi. Am at er with daughter. Heart issues is all I will say. I'm still planning to finish rock tonite and test parameters just don't know when. Still more tests here to on her. I am still going to drs. Foster and smith. Excuse spelling. On phone.

I sent some of you the link. Others I did cause I was running late for work. I though it would be easier for you to get to. I thank you for your answers and input but i was hoping you would reply here so I can review all and of course post the winners wondering what kind of light would I need for qt? I plan on picking one up tomorrow but I hope the basic cheapies will work. Now go to sleep my aa friends and hopefully I will have a pic posted with the rock scaping done when u brush sandman away.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com